Part 3 of Dr. Toole’s Audio Class is Tomorrow
5/19/2010 3:26 AM
If you’ve participated for the last two online audio and acoustics classes led by widely respected audio acoustics expert, Dr. Floyd Toole, then you won’t want to miss the final session tomorrow, from Noon-3 p.m. EST. And even if you missed the first two sessions, Dr. Toole has some great insight to share.
The purpose of CEDIA’s ESD303 Home Theater Audio and Acoustics - Part 3 course, which is sponsored by Residential Systems magazine, is to provide an understanding of how acoustics and psychoacoustics influence what we hear and how to take advantage of that knowledge to optimize the listening experience.
Factors affecting the choice, location, and mounting of loudspeakers are presented. Strategies are shown by which room dimensions, seat locations, and multiple subwoofers can be manipulated to deliver similar bass to several listeners. Finally, guidelines for the use of equalization also will be reviewed. Participants who complete the course can earn 3.0 CEU credits with CEDIA. It is $79 for CEDIA members and $99 for non-members.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Design a theater audio system that delivers the best possible performance, within the budgetary and physical constraints of the project
• Solve for optimum speaker and listener placement within the designed or available space
• Analyze the specific circumstances and select appropriate loudspeakers for each of the channels
• Develop solutions to room mode issues to ensure optimum bass performance throughout the home theater
• Evaluate the need for specific room acoustic treatments and/or equalization to assist loudspeakers in delivering the required perceptual effects.
Register here: http://www.cedia.net/education/elearning_webinar.php#ESD303