AudioControl Launches The Director Model D4400 Multi-Zone Amplifier
April 15, 2013
AudioControl has launched the Director Model D4400 multi-zone amplifier.
The Director Model D4400 drives sixteen channels of high-power amplification that delivers 100 watts per channel, all channels driven. The D4400 features on-board digital signal processing, graphic and parametric equalization by zone, network monitoring, and programming and control. It allows individual channel and zone selection via standard TCIP, the ability to bridge the channels up to 200 watts per channel and operates stable into low impedances while delivering power and performance.
The Director Model D4400 has the ability to reside on any network, allowing installers to control and monitor the operation and performance both on-site and remotely.
Custom Installers can benefit from the Model D4400's browser-based user-interface to manage and control the amplifier on-site or remotely. The unique benefit of being able to walk the home with mobile devices setting configurable features by zone such as room equalization, bus inputs, establishing dedicated zones plus a multitude of other features that can be adjusted in real time.
"The Director Model D4400 is one of the most flexible, high performance, best sounding network amplifier available today. With its unique design and feature set it has rightly been described as an audiophile performance powerhouse," said AudioControl CEO, Alex Camara. "At AudioControl we have never forgotten we are in the business of entertainment. The Director Model D4400 is a perfect example of the way our engineering team pour their hearts, engineering prowess and passion into how our products are designed and perform for our customers."
The Director's D4400's powerful audiophile digital signal processing (DSP) functionality drives a wide-ranging array of network features, putting control of The Director into the hands of the installer, including the ability to remotely or live on-site:
• Create and name zones based on the actual configuration of the system.
• Control the amplifier set-up, configuration, monitoring and alert status.
• Calibrate graphic and parametric equalization settings that provide a tailor-made acoustic room set-up for each zone with up to 128 EQ filters!
• Program subsonic filters and high frequency tweeter protection circuits
• Set dual buss inputs with signal source switching over the network
• Monitor live channel status, including temperature and protection modes
• Save and recall memory settings for back-up and fast-start templates
• Group selected audio functions including muting and zone selection
• Use DHCP protocols to facilitate faster network settings and manage multiple amplifiers across the same network
• Introduce Network Device Discovery to simplify set-up via UPnP
• Allow compatibility with Class A, B and C network protocols
The Director Model D4400 is housed in a compact 3U rack unit with removable rack mounts as standard. Dedicated webinar training for The Director Model D4400 is available direct from the team at AudioControl.
The Director Model D4400 and its sister The Director Model D3400 are both available in brushed stainless steel finish or black.
Both models are available for shipping in April 2013 and orders can be placed with the local AudioControl dealer/rep or by contacting AudioControl for your nearest dealer/rep.