Indy Audio Labs, the American manufacturer of the recently re-launched Acurus and Aragon electronics brands, has expanded its representation in the U.S. market by signing agreements with eight independent rep firms.
According to co-founder and CEO for the company, Rick Santiago, “in mid-July of this year, I tasked our new VP of U.S. Sales, John Caldwell, to audit our representative roster and develop a plan for the expansion of our rep network in order to best match our rapidly expanding networked-AV product portfolio. We agreed to change our territory map where appropriate and also added eight new firms. In the process, we found firms that best fit our niche—those interested in promoting a proactive approach to selling networked-AV products and solutions to custom install and retail customers.”
“Basically,” Caldwell noted, “the unique characteristics of our two brands require non-traditional selling techniques, and that requires a special breed of rep.”
“We had to change as well,” he added. “Historically, we took the approach of delivering the factory program from on high to dealers who expressed an interest. Now, our reps survey the entire market thoroughly for the best of breed in each channel we serve (CI, brick-and-mortar retail, custom retail, and commercial AV) and work closely with the dealer we select to be our partner to develop a support program that is tailored to their particular needs and business.”
The new representative firm additions include:
• Bach Sales, Harry Bromer and Barry Balcourt, NY Metro and No. NJ.
• Dale Menagh, So California and Hawaii.
• Elite Marketing, Dale Pugh, Michael Coughlin and Andrew Ard, TX, OK, AR, LA
• JB Marketing Associates, Jim Belford, Upstate NY
• P.D. Lazarus Co., Peter Lazarus, New England, ME, NH, MA, RI, VT
• Sound Marketing AV, Jim Sperandio and Brandon Wallace, IN, KY,OH
• Steven Lester Co, Steven Lester, No. California, No. Nevada
• Verve AV, Jimmy Van Dyke and Eric Rigler, Mid Atlantic, E. PA, S. NJ, MD, DE, VA
These new representative firm additions join an existing team of industry veterans including:
• LP Hench Sales, Mike Hench, FL, GA, AL, MS, TN, NC, SC, PR
• B&R Sales, AZ, W. TX, Las Vegas, UT, CO, S ID, WY, MT
• The Joncas Company Sales and Marketing, Bob Pelland, AK, WA, OR
• Nova Marketing, Michael Doperalski, W WI, MI, MN, South and North Dakota
• Pro Sound, Brian Tucker, IL, E WI, MI, IA
Dealers interested in being considered for addition to IAL’s distribution network are encouraged to contact their local rep firm for consultation.
Indy Audio Labs will exhibit at CEDIA EXPO 2012 in Indianapolis on September 6-8 at booth 1131. At the CEDIA EXPO, Indy Audio Labs will be demonstrating its recently launched Aragon line along with its Acurus lineup introduced earlier this year.