CCM 818 In-Ceiling Speaker
How do you rate the CCM 818?
We give the CCM 818 speakers a nine out of 10. They are amazingly full range and handle power well. Dialogue clarity is superb. Music is detailed and pleasing to listen to for extended periods of time without fatigue.
For what applications is it best suited?
We use the CCM 818 for both home theater and stereo applications that call for an in-ceiling solution.
The angled baffle allows us to direct the sound towards the listening area. This is particularly helpful for the center channel. We often use the CCM 818 in bedrooms. We place the speakers near the far wall directing them towards the listening area creating a stereo image. This dramatically improves upon the typical bedroom scenario whereby the listener is too close to one speaker.Describe its feature set.
The CCM 818 contains an eight-inch woven Kevlar cone drive unit that is fitted at a 12-degree angle for directionality. The one-inch Nautilus tube-loaded tweeter is offset to eliminate defraction. Simple “dog-ear” installation. Frame and grille are primed and ready for paint.What features would you like to see changed?
I would like the speaker to have a smaller depth so we could fit them in more installations. A six-inch version would also be great.PRODUCT SPECS
- 2-way in-ceiling/wall speaker system
- Angled baffle
- Woven Kevlar bass/midrange driver
- Nautilus tube-loaded tweeter
- Driver units:
- One one-inch tube-loaded aluminum dome
- One eight-inch woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 40Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 45Hz-22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Normal impendence: 8 ohms (minimum 3.5 ohms)
- Crossover frequency: 3.5kHz
- Recommended amp power: 150 watts continuous into 8 ohms
- Frame size: Diameter: 11 inches
- Cut-out size: Diameter: 10 inches
- Net weight: 5.7 pounds