Print this document
How do you rate the MF10?
The MF10 provides the superb quality of an A to A-plus projector. In relation to other projectors on the market, after definite and direct comparisons, we have noticed there are a multitude of projectors that occupy the B to A-minus range of performance.
For what applications is
it best suited?
The Meridian MF10 is best suited for smallto medium-sized home theaters that require the quietest and highest quality video reproduction.
Describe its feature set.
The MF10 excels because of such characteristics as: true, calibrated contrast ratio using a 100-step gray scale computerized calibration, white field and color uniformity, balance of great black and, at the same time, shadow detail. Other attributes of MF10 that [pushes it] beyond its peers include: the software and exclusive calibration developed for Meridian by the renowned video authority, William Phelps, super lens quality, quality control on bulb performance consistency, and availability of ideally matching video scalers/processor.
What features would you like to see changed?
We hope to see more products in the line-up of the Meridian video projectors and/or displays. We also hope to have more the calibrations provided by William Phelps applied to more and more of the future products.
Sharmad Berenjian is CEO and senior designer of Digital Ear (www.digitalear.com, 714.544.7903) in Tustin, California. In the 1980s the company was a content- providing retailer,
but the dawn of the 90s saw it shift to hardware, installation, and integration in the residential systems space, with expansion now into a full service firm with an emphasis on high-caliber hardware and electronics coupled with integration services. Digital Ear has been a Meridian dealer since 1999. IN HIS OWN WORDS...
“At the levels we exist, custom installation and, more importantly, ‘integration’ is one of the most challenging industries. And it is that challenge that provides us the most excitement!” PRODUCT SPECS
- 1080p (Full HD) D-ILA device
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Lens: motorized focus/2 x zoom lens (1.4-2.8:1)
- Projection size: 60 inches to 200 inches
- Lens shift: ±80 percent vertical and ±34 percent horizontal
- Contrast ratio: 30,000:1 (Device 40,000:1)
- Light: 200-watt ultra high pressure mercury
- Brightness: 600 lumens
- Video input formats: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24,
- NTSC/NTSC4.43/PAL/ PAL-M/PAL-N/SECAM
- Noise level: 24dB (in normal mode)
- Power consumption: 280 watts (2.7 watts in stand-by)
- Weight: 11.6kg (25.6 lbs.)