RTcom Digital Extender EDM-1818
How do you rate the RTcom EDM- 1818?
On a scale of one to 10, I would give it an eight. The reason I give it an eight instead of a 10 is because the product is still evolving. The platform and performance is there, while new features and bugs are still being worked out.
For what types of installations
is it best suited?
This product works well in two environments. One is for image magnification for trade shows and large-scale events where multiple HDMI sources need to be switched seamlessly. Second it works for point-to-point residential installations where the sources of content in the home are located in one area.
Describe the feature set of the EDM-1818.
The EDM-1818 is the only 18x18 high-resolution HDMI router on the market that has HDCP resident in its operation. The device has RS-232 remote or front-panel control. It handles all types of EDID data and handles HDMI resolutions up to 1080p.
What features would you like to see changed or added?
At this time, I do not see any new features I would add. The EDM-1818 seems to have the proper functionality for the types of applications I’m currently dealing with.
- New slot cards enable the EDM-1818M to become the first matrix router to combine CAT 5e/6 and fiber optic output with support for DVI, HDMI, SDI, and Display Port video formats through a single matrix switcher.Features a flexible back panel with slots for modular input/output cards
- Expandable matrix router is user configurable, so input/output cards may be replaced at any time
- Several user interface options: RS-232C, LAN (TCP/IP) control, and integrated touchpanel
- HDCP compliant
- Conforms to DVI 1.0, HDMI Ver1.3a and Display Port V1.1
- Built-in Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) read function, with Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM), to save display EDID data
Supports non-VESA resolutions, including projectors with even unique resolutions. This function is easy to set up by the user
Built-in noise protection circuits in each input and output port