Schlage will explain how the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat has been designed to integrate with its LiNK keypad lock/home-management system to remotely monitor and control home cooling and heating from any computer and most Web-enabled mobile phones, including Apple’s iPhone and RIM’s BlackBerry.
“With the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat, owners of the Schlage LiNK System will now be able to conveniently monitor and control their cooling and heating systems even when they’re away from home,” said Dwight Gibson, general manager, intelligent residential electronics, for Ingersoll Rand, the parent company of Schlage. “The thermostat offers a number of practical features that will help homeowners actively manage energy use to conserve gas and electric and reduce utility bills.”
With the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat (model TZEMT400AB32) you can make that adjustment on the fly by accessing the Schlage LiNK portal from your Web-enabled cell phone. Or, if you’re at the office and want to tweak the temperature at home, you can do if from your computer. You can even program the thermostat to send text or e-mail alerts when adjustments are made to temperature settings—like if the kids come home from school and crank up the AC. Other features of the Trane thermostat include:
- Programmable for seven days with up to four settings per day
- Energy saving schedule that can reduce energy consumption up to 15% when compared with non-programmable thermostats (accessible on a cell phone or computer via the Schlage LiNK portal)
- Ability to receive maintenance reminders via text or email
- Energy Star compliant and FCC approved
- Compatible with all brands of central heating, cooling and heat-pump systems
- Powered by 24Vac from HVAC system
- Graphical LCD screen with blue/white backlighting
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 4 x 1.2 (w x h x d) inches
- Retail price: $149
The Schlage LiNK System Starter Kit includes one Schlage wireless deadbolt or lock, a Schlage Bridge, an Ethernet cable, necessary batteries and one Schlage Light Module. The Bridge connects to the home’s existing router and uses Z-Wave wireless technology to transmit data to the wireless lock. Installing the Schlage LiNK System is a straightforward process that typically requires only a screwdriver and no additional wiring. Additional Schlage wireless deadbolts and locks are sold separately and finish options include bright brass, satin nickel and aged bronze.
Retail price of the Schlage LiNK Starter Kit is $299 and additional Schlage wireless deadbolts or locks are $199 each. There is also a $12.99 monthly subscription fee for 24-hour access to the Schlage LiNK online and mobile interfaces, which make it possible to remotely control a variety of Z-Wave devices.