How do you rate the IW C7?
I would rate the IW C7 a solid 8.5
out of 10, because I do not think any speaker can be a 10. I give it an 8.5 because it is a great combination of terrific engineering and execution. This speaker is easy to install and the final result sounds as close to the floor standing C7 as you can get. It is an example of a speaker that can make even the most discerning listener happy sonically.
For what applications is it best suited?
This speaker would be equally at home in a twochannel listening room as it is when it is being used in a home theater application. We recently finished a theater that had nine IW C7 in the walls. The finished system was stunning. It possessed great detail and all the dynamic range you could ever ask for.
Describe its feature set.
The feature set is simple: it is the architectural version of the Snell C7 floor-standing speaker. So when great sound is important—and not seeing a big speaker is just as important—this is the speaker to specify.
What features would you like to see changed or added?
Nothing at this time, this is a well thought out design.
- Acoustic suspension, In-Wall LCR with rotatable D’Appolito array
- Frequency response: 63Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
- Sensitivity: [1 Watt (2.83v) @ 1m] 90 dB
- Impedance: Nominal 4 Ohms
- Maximum output: 111 dB
- Recommended power: 50 watts
- Tweeter: 1-inch SEAS silk dome
- Midrange: Two 4.5-inch SEAS treated paper
- Woofer: Two 8-inch copolymer cone
- Crossover frequency: 275Hz/2.5KHz
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- 200minimum, 300 watts maximum