In our series of #CEDIAShares blogs, we’re talking with exhibitors about the hottest technologies and trends they’re looking to see at CEDIA Expo 2022.
Q&A with Lars Granoe, VP product development, URC.
Why CEDIA 2022?
URC maintains and deep commitment to CEDIA and the opportunity to gather the CI community. CEDIA is a milestone event in our annual calendar. It provides us the opportunity to connect in-person with dealers, integration partners, press contacts, and even our own team, as we are spread throughout the country servicing our local dealers. After 30 years, URC plans a vital activation plan to leverage the power of CEDIA.
We are all looking forward to CEDIA! With product innovation and available product, URC is actively adding to our dealer community. CEDIA provides us with the unique opportunity to engage current and prospective dealers, showcase URC product in a 1-on-1 environment, celebrate the CI industry, and launch products and services to elevate the CI community. For example, we are launching several products, like our new voice-activated remotes, URC’s new lighting product line, and new integrations across audio, video, climate, security, lighting, and outdoor brands.
What is the most exciting trend you expect to see at the show?
This is an interesting and challenging question with so many trends impacting our channel. Among the trends we expect to see at CEDIA include:
- The growth of AI (artificial intelligent) across our industry
- Voice activation expansion while maintaining and reassuring end-users of privacy
- Global integration expansion across sectors and categories
- Light commercial is a URC growth sector, and we see increased interest and growth in the channel
- Reliable supply chain and product availability messaging
- Dealer profit! It’s not a dirty phrase given the marketplace challenges
All of the above are embraced as the commoditization of technology in the lower/middle markets will continue to force the CI channel up-market. Our goal is to help dealers differentiate themselves and give customers good reason to step up.
What will you focus on at the show?
This year, URC is adding more new products, brand integrations and advanced technology launches to enhance its portfolio.
- URC launches the first certified voice and IP integration with Comcast Xfinity, the largest cable provider in the U.S. With voice or simple touch control, this native integration brings Xfinity’s world of entertainment into URC’s Total Control system.
- After working through the pandemic, URC is officially launching a certified Apple TV voice and IP integration that is native within the Total Control system.
- URC is launching a certified integration with Google Nest Climate Control to help homeowners monitor and minimize energy costs.
- With technology advances, URC is announcing additions to the Complete Control product line, a favorite with users, with the launch of two, new handheld remotes: MX-490 and MX-1400.
- With hundreds of integrations already established, URC’s 2022 announcements include Vantage Lighting, Carrier Infinity Climate Control, Just Add Power Amp-VLAN, Phillips Hue Sync Box and Hue V2, Luxor Lighting, FX Luminaire, Hayward OmniLogic, DBX ZonePro, ZeeVee, and Autonomic Mirage.
To learn more, check out URC in booth 19002 at CEDIA Expo 2022 and visit www.urc-automation.com.