Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now


Big Name in the Big Easy

Customer Service and Creative Designs Make Dynamic AV a New Orleans Favorite

Customer Service and Creative Designs Make Dynamic AV a New Orleans Favorite

The sports-themed media room in Shalmet, Louisiana, features the integration expertise of Dynamic AV’s Jamie Gannon.

Background: Jamie Gannon established Dynamic Audio in 2001 in New Orleans, and specializes the full spectrum of AV integration–everything from simple stereos in Tulane student apartments to elaborate home theaters.

State of Business: Immediately after Hurricane Katrina through last year, Dynamic AV was engaged non-stop with projects associated with the renovations and rebuilding of the city. Projects have leveled out this year, however, and the company’s hottest territory is the Historic Garden District and Uptown New Orleans, near Tulane.

Demographics: Nearly 70 percent of Dynamic Audio’s business is home AV. The other 30 percent is commercial: retail, bars, restaurants, and offices.

Client Favorite: Gannon sees movie streaming at the top of his customers’ wish list. Mac minis also are very popular (he has a discount with Apple).

Notable Quote: “Down here, in New Orleans houses it is not easy to transmit signals from room to room. On St Charles, I do work in old three-story houses, and you can’t get wires to every room and every floor. My solution is the Sonos System.”

Recent Install: A client in Chalmette, Louisiana, recently hired Dynamic AV to integrate a wholehouse system and to design a dedicated 15-seat media room featuring ButtKickers at every seat, a JVC projector with a Stewart Screen surrounded by four 50-inch Panasonic Professional plasmas. He also installed a 58-inch Panasonic professional plasma in the rear of the room above the projector to serve as a Karaoke monitor for his hard-drive based karaoke system, complete with sound activated laser lights.