Beginning Friday, August 23, AT&T will launch Digital Life in more markets: Orlando, Providence, Virginia Beach, Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse.
AT&T Digital LifeSM makes customers’ lives easier by simplifying the management of their home. Digital Life offers security, convenience and peace of mind, in a customizable and easy-to-use experience from smartphones, tablets or PCs.
Beginning Friday, customers in these six new markets can receive a live demo and purchase Digital Life in company owned retail stores. Including the new markets launching on Friday, Digital Life will be available in 39 markets, with plans to introduce the service in up to 50 markets by the end of 2013.
With Digital Life, customers can use their existing home broadband provider, and any wireless phone service, and enjoy the security and convenience of a home management system with the flexibility to meet their unique needs.
“With the expansion of Digital Life, our home security and automation service is becoming a household name across the country. AT&T is committed to providing our customers with easy and affordable ways to secure their homes, protect their families and simplify their lives all by the touch of their smartphones, tablets and PCs,” said Kevin Petersen, president, Digital Life, Inc. “With the launch of these six new markets, we’re looking forward to making Digital Life available to more customers throughout the country.”
Digital Life recently achieved the “CSAA Five Diamond Certification,” testifying that 100 percent of Digital Life central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This area of communications is an important link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas.
In addition, the Digital Life team has invested significant time and resources to achieve 100 percent quality operator training. Across the industry, there are approximately 2,700 companies or central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with law enforcement and fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than one hundred fifty central stations have achieved the “CSAA Five Diamond Certified” status.
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, a basic home security package; or Smart Security, which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation. For a limited time, customers who sign up for AT&T Digital Life will receive $100 instant savings on Digital Life equipment at the time of purchase.
· Simple Security: Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment.
· Smart Security: Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
· Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
· Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
· Door Package: Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
· Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
· Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
Digital Life will be sold and demonstrated in over 920 company owned retail stores in 39 markets.