Bjorn’s Audio Video will hold a multi-vendor 3D TV Expo for consumers next week featuring demos of current and future products and technologies.
Representatives and displays from at least 10 manufacturers and content providers will be on hand for the four-day event, making it what the specialty AV dealer describes as “the largest consumer show of 3DTV technology in Texas – and, quite possibly, the United States.”
Led by founder Bjorn Dybdahl, from his single Lone Star State store, the 35-year-old business is renowned for breaking and demonstrating new CE technologies, and for using TV broadcasts and in-store seminars to promote them.
Companies participating in the 3DTV Expo include:
- DirecTV, which will explain 3D programming options;
- Gamestop, which will demonstrate the 3D capabilities of Sony’s PlayStation3 along with the platform’s new Move motion controller;
- Mitsubishi, which will provide its 3DTV mobile demonstration truck;
- Runco, which will demonstrate a $50,000 prototype dual-lens front projection system using polarized glasses and a 130-inch Stewart Filmscreen projection screen;
- Sony, which will show a pre-production model of its $10,000 front projector to a consumer audience for the first time; and
- XpanD, which will introduce its universal 3DTV glasses.
In addition, representatives from Panasonic, Samsung, and Toshiba will be on hand to demo their 3D =TV models.
The free event will run Thursday, October 21, through Sunday, October 24, and is open to the public.