Catalyst AV, a specialty AV products distribution network that serves over 15,000 integrators from 18-locations in the U.S., announced that its 12-member companies have entered into an agreement with TiVo to distribute the brand’s new TiVo Roamio series of DVRs, the TiVo Stream and the TiVo Mini.
TiVo’s senior sales manager John A. Reynolds displays Roamio at last month’s Emerging Technologies & Home Awareness Expo, hosted by Catalyst AV member Easy Access Distribution.
The TiVo Roamio DVR series—which replaces TiVo’s Premiere series—consists of 3 multi-room, multi-source DVRs that enable consumers to access their content from anywhere in the home, or the world, via their smartphone or tablet. Roamio offers more recording options, higher storage capabilities, new whole-home and mobile networking options and an updated, more elegant user interface.
The TiVo products available through the Catalyst AV distribution network are:
* TiVo Roamio 4-tuner DVR (75 hours HD or 750 hours SD recording) $199 MSRP
* TiVo Roamio Plus 6-tuner DVR (150 hrs HD or 1,000 hrs SD; adds MoCA + Wi-Fi) $399 MSRP
* TiVo Roamio Pro 6-tuner DVR (450 hrs HD or 3,000 hrs SD) $599 MSRP
* TiVo Stream (stream entertainment anywhere in house or world) $129 MSRP
* TiVo Mini (access entertainment from main TiVo DVR anywhere in home) $99 MSRP
"TiVo’s smart suite of entertainment products meet with the lifestyles of most everyone in the home,” said Steve Presti, Catalyst AV board member and principal of Easy Access Distributing in New England. “The fact that their apps integrate into leading custom control and automation systems is hugely beneficial. This all adds up to fantastic opportunities for the integrator to earn margin on jobs that have cable TV.”
"TiVo’s new Roamio Plus and Roamio Pro were developed with today’s integrator in mind,” said Doug Bieter, vice president of consumer business sales and marketing at TiVo. “The Catalyst AV group has a strong understanding of video content management and distribution and we’re delighted to have them as a conduit to the custom channel.”
The 12 Catalyst AV member companies are:
* Allnet Distributing (Midwest)
* Audio Video Warehouse (Nevada, AZ)
* Custom Partners (Metro-NY)
* Custom Plus Distributing (Pacific NW / Alaska)
* Easy Access Distribution (Northeast)
* Electronic Lane Distributors (Southwest)
* Electronics Source (Florida and Southeast)
* Electronic Stockroom (California)
* HCA Distributing (Rocky Mountains)
* Pioneer Music Company (Plains States)
* SPD (Upstate NY)
* Tech Source Distributors (Mid-Atlantic)