Indianapolis, IN — Thirty finalists have been selected for CEDIA’s Best New Product award and three finalists for Best New Technology, within the association’s Manufacturer’s Excellence Awards competition. Ten winners for Best New Product and one winner for Best New Technology will be announced at the annual Electronic Lifestyles Awards Banquet at CEDIA EXPO 2008 on September 6.
A jury of CEDIA Residential Electronic Systems Contractor members decided which submissions made the finals. Each finalist must display to the judges innovative technology, value to the technician and business, performance and enhancement to the clients lifestyle. Along with the honor of being selected as a finalist, each finalist will be showcased on CEDIAs web site with product descriptions at www.cedia.org/awards and given a finalist plaque to display in their booth during EXPO.
Winners for the Designer awards, Electronic Systems Technician (EST) of the Year, Electronic Systems Contractor (ESC) of the Year, Lifetime Achievement and the all-new Product Hall of Fame inductees will also be announced at the Electronic Lifestyles Awards Banquet. CEDIA EXPO is September 3-7 in Denver, Colorado, at the Colorado Convention Center.
Best New Technology Finalists
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
– Adagio Digital Media System (ADMS)
– Life-ware Visual Project
Niles Audio Corporation
– IntelliControl ICS IM-NET Network Audio Integration Card
Best New Product Finalists
– 5.2-inch Modero ViewPoint Touch Panel (MVP-5200i)
– Communication EXPerience Kit
– ViewStat Color Communicating Thermostat
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
– Crestron iServer
– Isys TPS-6X
Denon Electronics (USA), LLC
– AVP-A1HDCI Ultra-Reference 12 Channel A/V Home Theater/Multimedia Preamplifier
Epson America, Inc.
– Ensemble HD 1080
– GefenTV Home Theater Scaler Pro
HAI (Home Automation, Inc.)
– Omnistat2 RC-2000
Milestone AV Technologies (Chief)
– PIWRF TM No-Profile In-Wall Swing Arm
Niles Audio Corporation ~FM~
– iRemote TS
– Essentia E6G
– 32-inch Outdoor Wireless Weatherproof LCD HDTV
Remote Technologies, Inc.
– T3-V Universal Controller
Savant Systems, LLC
– ROSIE Remotes & OSD (On-Screen Display)
– ROSIE System 12
Screen Research USA
Sherbourn Technologies, Inc.
– IWA-1 (In Wall Amp-1)
– Black Diamond Projection Screen
Sim2 USA, Inc.
– Grand Cinema C3X 1080
– iPort MV Series Digital Media System
– Visual Performance Series
– MODE iPhone Interface
– TIME Mini
– Model 4610HD All-Weather Outdoor LCD Television
Trippe Manufacturing Company
– AV550SC Audio/Video Backup Power Block
Universal Electronics, Inc.
Universal Remote Control, Inc.
– MX-6000 Touch Screen
Vantage Controls, Inc.
– Bticino Axolute Keypad Station
Yamaha Electronics Corporation
– YSP-4000 Digital Sound Projector
Early bird registration for CEDIA EXPO 2008 ends at 5:00 p.m. PDT on July 16. Online registration for CEDIA EXPO 2008 will end August 28 at 5 p.m. PDT. For more information or to register visit www.cedia.org/expo.