As jam-packed as schedules are on the show floor, CEDIA and various exhibitors are doing their best to make sure the same is true after hours.
Starting with CEDIA’s opening keynote, “The Intuitive Home of 2016: What’s After the Smart Home,” to be delivered by Dr. Michio Kaku today from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Wabash Ballroom at the Indiana Convention Center. Kaku speaks professionally about trends affecting business, commerce, and finance based on the latest scientific research. Immediately following the keynote, CEDIA chairman Federico Bausone hosts the Welcome Reception in the 500 Ballroom at the convention center.
The association is also hosting the EXPO After Hours Party Thursday night from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. right outside of the convention center on Georgia Street. Attendees can unwind with complimentary drinks, food, and music from Cousin Roger, a local rock group playing an eclectic mix of music.
Then following the conclusion of EXPO on Saturday, CEDIA’s Electronic Lifestyles Awards Celebration rounds out the week. For those who have attended the annual celebration in the past, this year’s event features a new format with an extended, 90-minute, cocktail reception, an awards program condensed down to an hour, and the return of the after party.
Here’s a list of exhibitor parties going on. Keep in mind, some are by invitation only, so be sure to get full details from the sponsors before venturing out:
– HTSA cocktail reception, Wednesday, Westin Indianapolis
– Azione Unlimited Member Party, Wednesday, O’Reilly’s Irish Pub
– Lutron Excellence Awards Dinner, Thursday, Eiteljorg Museum
– Integration Pros Party, Thursday, Rockbottom Brewery
– Control 4 Dealer Party, Friday, Cadillac Ranch
– Lucas Estate Tour and Reception, sponsored by Lutron, CEDIA, and Doherty Design, Friday
– Lori and Sam Runco’s Annual Celebration, Sponsored by WiSA, Friday, Cosmopolitan Ballroom
– Women in CE Breakfast, Saturday, Indiana Convention Center, Sagamore Ballroom