Coopersburg, PA — Lighting control manufacturer Lutron Electronics has debuted a wireless light and shade control solution for single-room applications.
Ideal for TV rooms and master bedroom suites, RadioRA–SR allows homeowners to enjoy a truly immersive cinematic experience in the comfort of their own homes:
* control lights, shades and drapes from leading universal remotes and home automation systems
* use a screw-in lamp dimmer to discreetly control table and floor lamps
* integrate with other equipment (via Ethernet and RS-232) using just one device
* enjoy direct communication with Lutron’s Sivoia QS automated shade and drapery systems (without the need for an interface)
For the home theater, the introduction comes just in time for creating the perfect Superbowl or Oscar party, during which homeowners can wow their friends and neighbors with the latest in home theater technology from Lutron.
Using Lutron’s proprietary, radio frequency (RF) technology with a new single-room protocol, RadioRA–SR system devices can be easily installed in any new or existing home without running new wires.
The new RadioRA–SR system contains the following components:
* dimmers and switches- replace existing dimmers or switches to control individual lights in each room
* wall-mounted keypad- controls system lights, shades and scenes at the touch of a button
* integrated scene controller- controls system lights, shades and scenes from remote controls, touchscreens or computers
* vacancy sensor- provides energy savings when rooms are unoccupied
* in-line lamp socket module- screws in under the shade to easily integrate lamps into the system
* Sivoia QS wireless roller shades- quietly covers windows to eliminate glare and reflections, improving the viewing experience
* Sivoia QS wireless drapery track- showcase the projection screen and enhance a room’s décor with curtains controlled by a Lutron drapery track
The RadioRA–SR system will begin shipping in the first quarter of 2009.