Lutron Electronics has opened its call for entries for the annual Excellence Awards competition. The competition recognizes the world’s best total home control projects using Lutron lighting, shade, and temperature controls integrated with third-party products. More than 100 of Lutron’s residential system providers have been honored since the competition was founded in 2003.
“Over the past 15 years, our customers have shared their best implementation of Lutron lighting and shade controls—everything from condos and multi-dwelling units, to palaces, yachts, and farms,” said Michael Smith, vice president of sales at Lutron. “This competition has given us a view into some of the most impressive projects in the world.”
To enter, submit a description of the project, including unique challenges and homeowner requests, along with a 60-second video (or up to 10 photos). Entrants are encouraged to focus their entries on the following topics:
1. Essence of Pleasance
2. Use of RadioRA 2
3. Use of HomeWorks QS
4. Integration with a security system
5. Energy-saving applications
6. Integration with third-party equipment
7. Use of Sivoia Qs shading and drapery solutions
8. Use of Sivoia QS Triathlon battery powered shades
9. Use of lighting and shading in trophy/specialty rooms
10. Best integration of voice control with Lutron products
11. Use of High-Performance LED Fixtures and control of all LED sources
“Special consideration will be given to video entries, which allow you to show and tell your story in the best light,” Smith said.
A panel of independent judges will select the winning projects in mid-August and winners will be announced on Thursday, September 7, during CEDIA in San Diego. Winners will receive a crystal award, recognition on lutron.com and in a press release, and a winner’s logo to use on their marketing materials and website.