Lutron Electronics, the leader in energy-saving, wireless light and shade control, has revealed the winners of its annual 2013 Excellence Award competition.
The announcement was made at the CEDIA EXPO in Denver, CO.
Founded in 2004, the Excellence Awards competition recognizes the world’s best total home control projects using Lutron light, shade, and temperature controls, appliance modules, third-party equipment and more. Close to 100 of Lutron’s residential system providers have been honored since its inception.
This year’s competition received more entries than ever before, all of which were reviewed and judged by a panel of industry journalists.
The 2013 winners are:
1. Best Commercial Project- Spire Integrated Systems of Troy, Michigan
2. Best Dressed System- Audio Command Systems of Westbury, New York
3. Best Energy Saving Application- Spire Integrated Systems of Troy, Michigan
4. Best Engineered Project- Chesley Electric of Park City, Utah
5. Best Implementation of Lighting Design- C+T Systems of Vernon, Connecticut
6. Best Integrated Home- Art + Automaton of Wailuku, Hawaii
7. Best Use of 3rd Party Integration- Total Lifestyle Concepts of Suwanee, Georgia
8. Best Retrofit Project- Squaw Valley Automation of Olympic Valley, California
9. Best Shading Project- Sound Specialists of Chicago, Illinois
10. Coolest Installation- Smart Home Designer of Miami, Florida
11. Essence of Pleasance- Mari Design of Portland, Oregon
12. Most Clever Use of Shades- The Soho Shop of Saint Charles, Missouri
13. Most Creative Application- Casaplex of Kensington, Maryland
“It gives me great pleasure to recognize these stellar companies,” said Michael Smith, vice president of residential sales at Lutron. “Not only are they delighting their customers in new and innovative ways, but also earning the respect of their industry peers.”