Monster and HP are co-branding a new line of connectivity and power protection solutions, ranging from advanced USB, Ethernet, and HDMI cables to power protection and cleaning products.
The new HP Monster products are now available at retail.
“Increasingly, people these days depend on their computers and digital accessories for some of the most important aspects of their lives, from preserving precious memories to conducting business, managing finances and communicating,” Monster CEO, Noel Lee. “In this digital universe, the home network is at the center of a ‘digital lifestyle’ that brings together home theater, portable electronics, computers and peripherals, as well as Internet connectivity. Monster is indeed fortunate to be working with HP, one of the world’s most trusted names in computer products, on this new line of co-branded products — from cables capable of meeting or outperforming the highest industry speeds and specifications to power products with the advanced surge protection required by digital electronics and more.”
Jason Zajac, vice president and general manager, Worldwide Attach Group, HP, noted: “HP and Monster are creating high-quality products that provide many real-life benefits for consumers. By combining the technological and developmental expertise of both our companies, the new HP Monster line helps people maximize the capabilities and features of their advanced digital lifestyle products, and open up exciting new possibilities, both now and in the future.”
The new products include the following:
• HP Monster USB Cables to deliver reliable performance for USB based computer and entertainment devices (6- and 12-ft. lengths, SRP: $19.95, $24.95, respectively).
• HP Monster USB CABLE 700 High Speed: Engineered to exceed USB 2.0 standards to ensure maximum data transfer and power for even the highest performance USB based computer and entertainment devices (7- and 12- ft. lengths, SRP: $24.95, $29.95, respectively).
• HP Monster Mini USB CABLE 700: Perfect for fast data transfer for portable devices including external hard drives, digital cameras and more. High capacity construction provides 30% faster charging. (1/2- and 3-ft. lengths, SRP: $19.95, $24.95, respectively)
• HP Monster Extend USB Cable 700: Ideal for locating printer, hard drives and other USB devices away from desktop PCs in the home or office, with nearly no loss in performance. (7-ft. length, SRP: $29.95)
• HP Monster Ethernet Cable 700: High capacity construction satisfies the highest CAT 5e standards to maintain optimal speeds up to 1Gbps. In addition, the XLN twisted pair construction minimizes crosstalk and interference for rapid data transfer and high data integrity, even over long lengths. (3-, 7-, 12-ft. lengths, SRP: $19.95, $24.95, $29.95, respectively).
• HP Monster for HDMI Cable Standard speed: Connect the computer to the home theater and enjoy computer games, photos, and more on HDTV screen with high definition video with full digital surround sound.
• HP Monster for HDMI Cable 700 high speed: High Speed digital cable for the highest quality 1080p high definition video with lossless full digital surround sound. (6-ft., SRP: $79.95)
• HP Monster VGA Cable: Engineered to deliver the best possible picture quality to VGA based display devices. (10-ft. length, SRP: $29.95).
• HP Monster DVI Monitor Cable: For super sharp HD video resolution and incredible. (8-ft. SRP: $49.95)
• HP Monster Display Port 700 Cable: Advanced connection for computers, high-resolution monitors and more. Carries 1080p HD video, up to 7.1 digital surround sound and supports two-way data communications. (8- and 16-ft. lengths, SRP: $89.95, $99.95, respectively).
In addition to these connectivity solutions, the new HP Monster line includes four Digital PowerCenters (with SRPs ranging from $34.95 to $119.95) and a 7-outlet surge protector (SRP: $24.95).
To battle the “vampire load” energy waste of components left on “standby” mode, two of the new HP Monster PowerCenters feature Monster GreenPower for automatic energy savings, giving users an easy way to reduce unnecessary energy waste and save money. GreenPower works automatically to eliminate energy waste in connected PC systems.
Users simply plug their computer into the GreenPower Control outlet, and then plug their additional connected PC peripherals (printer, monitor, scanner, loudspeakers, etc.) into the specially marked Monster GreenPower outlets. When the computer is turned off or goes to sleep, power to the other GreenPower outlets is automatically cut off, eliminating the energy wasted by peripherals, such as the scanner and monitor, when they’re not in use. When the computer turns back on, the GreenPower outlets automatically power the peripherals up again.
All PowerCenters are also engineered to protect against surges and spikes with Dual Mode Plus™ auto disconnect surge protection, and PC Clean Power to filter electrical noise and interference for reliable data transfer and protection against data loss and corruption.
HP Monster Surge Protector, ScreenClean and Portable Power Solution
For those customers looking strictly for surge protection for their systems, the HP Monster line also offers a surge protector with a high joule rating for protection, as well as a 3-outlet HP Monster “Outlets To Go” portable power solution (SRP: $24.95). In addition, the line includes a specially designed HP Monster ScreenClean kit (SRP: $16.95) for notebook computers and displays that safely cleans delicate screens without streaking or scratching. It also includes an antibacterial cloth that removes up to 99.9 percent of germs.