The CEA Foundation has elected Jane Rodmyre Payfer, chief marketing officer at Ergotron, and Skip West, president and Founder of MAXSA Innovation LLC to its Board of Trustees.
Both participated in their first Board of Trustees meeting last week during the Consumer Electronics Association’s (CEA) Industry Forum in San Francisco, CA, where they joined thirteen current Board of Trustee members who were reelected.
“In the year since its launch, the CEA Foundation has made an incredible impact on our mission of linking seniors and people with disabilities with technologies to enhance their lives through the Foundation’s support of innovative nonprofit organizations,” said John Shalam, chairman and founder of VOXX International Corporation and chairman of the CEA Foundation. “We had an incredible pool of candidates for the Board of Trustees, highlighting the strong industry interest in giving back to our society. Both Jane and Skip bring a great deal of experience and passion and I am pleased to welcome them to the Board.”
Jane Rodmyre Payfer is the chief marketing officer at Ergotron with 20 years of experience in commercial and consumer marketing for small, medium and global organizations. Payfer is a brilliant strategist, focused on delivering effective market strategies under budget. She also serves on the board of St Paul based WomenVenture, a nonprofit and is dedicated to helping women achieve economic success and prosperity.
Skip West is the president and founder of MAXSA Innovations LLC. West is committed to making successful individuals with his entrepreneurship insights, he teaches at George Mason University and was named 2013 Mentor of the Year when he served on the Selection Committee for Ron Brown Scholars. A true innovator, West started with just two products at the birth of MAXSA and now the company offers 60 life enhancing products that solve everyday consumer problems.
The CEA Foundation also thanked two of its Trustees who left the Board this year: Stan Glasgow, former Chairman of Sony Electronics, and Shawn DuBravac, Chief Economist and Senior Director of Research at CEA.
“Both Stan and Shawn were incredibly valuable members who had served on our Board of Trustees since the founding of the Foundation,” said Shalam. “We thank them for their service and great contributions.”
Reelected CEA Foundation Board of Trustees members include the following:
• Chairman: John Shalam, Chairman and Founder, VOXX International Corporation
• Vice Chairman: Larry Richenstein, Founder, Unwired Technology
• Secretary and Treasurer: Veronica O’Connell, VP for Congressional Affairs, CEA
• Bruce Borenstein, President and CEO, Voxlinc LLC Aftershokz
• John Godfrey, Vice President, Communications Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Samsung Electronics – North American HQ
• Robert Heiblim, Principal, BlueSalve
• Loyd Ivey, Chairman and CEO, Mitek Electronics and Communications
• Julie Kearney, VP for Regulatory Affairs, CEA
• Robin Raskin, Founder, Living in Digital Times
• David Rodarte, Vice President and General Manager, NuVo Technologies, a division of Legrand Home Systems
• Paul Sabbah, President, Stamford International
• George Stepancich, CEO, Invisionate, LLC
• John Taylor, Vice President, Public Affairs and Communications, LG Electronics USA, Inc.