Platinum Tools has launched its new Smart Remote Kit for the VDV MapMaster 2.0 voice, data, and video tester.
Platinum Tools will feature the T139 during the 2013 CEDIA EXPO, held in Denver from September 26-28 at the Colorado Convention Center, booth 529. With a MSRP of $151.62, the T139 Smart Remote Kit is now shipping.
“Platinum Tools designed the T139 Smart Remote Kit in order to help maximize and save installers’ and technicians’ time by eliminating the need to walk back and forth to test sites,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools product manager. “Combine this kit with a T129 VDV MapMaster 2.0 to both ‘Test’ and ‘Map/ID’ up to eight drops/locations simultaneously. Smart Remotes are a ‘smarter’ way to go.”
T139 Smart Remote Kit specifications and applications include:
* Test and Map/ID voice/data simultaneously
* Cat6, Cat5e, Cat5, Cat4 and Cat3 cables
* Shielded and unshielded cables
* Remotes 2-8 work on UTP/STP cables (Remote #1 Included with VDV MapMaster 2.0)
* Snap-lock clear case protects and alerts you if a remote is missing
The VDV MapMaster 2.0 now combines cable length measurement with continuity testing, mapping, and tone generator functions into a single unit. Made in the USA, the VDV MapMaster is capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time.