StJohn Group, North American distributor for IMAGE Screens, Artcoustic and Cabasse Loudspeakers, and Cineversum HD video projectors, has partnered with several manufacturer’s representative firms covering a large portion of the continent.
“After the U.S. CEDIA show in Atlanta last September, StJohn Group ‘pushed the reset button’ on most of our representative territories, terminating all but two of our 18 rep firms,” said StJohn co-founder and sales director, John Caldwell. “We essentially gave each firm the opportunity to part ways, or help us develop a plan to move forward in their territory. Some stayed and some moved on, but in the process we found firms that better fit our niche — those interested in promoting a design/lifestyle approach to selling AV and CI products and concepts.”
“The unique characteristics our four exclusive lines require non-traditional selling that is on the edge of traditional AV selling techniques, and that requires a special breed of rep. We had to change as well,” Caldwell said. “Historically, we have tried to hire firms that have been able to more or less support all of our lines, but decided the best direction for each line would be in hiring an individual or firm who the best fit each line — even if it meant working with four or more different rep firms in a single territory.”
StJohn Group’s representative line up includes:
– Pro Audio Now/Audtek, Wayne Dolnick, NY Metro and No. NJ.
– AVR, Audio Video Reps, Al Davis, GA, NC, SC, AL, MS, TN
– Elite Marketing, Dale Pugh and Michael Coughlin, TX, OK, AR, LA
– Sound Marketing AV, Jim Sperandio, IN, KY, MI, OH, W. VA, W. PA
– D2MK Solutions, Dale Macintosh, Canada
– ArtSound, John Legelis and Oscar Lazaro, New England
– Bettridge & Ryan Sales, Jack Ryan, Rocky Mountain States, AZ, So. NV, NM, CO, UT, So. ID, WY, MT
– Steven Lester Co, Steven Lester, No. California, No. Nevada
– ST Marketing, Mark Thoman, IL, WI
– The Joncas Company, Bob Pelland & Curt Yamamoto, Pacific Northwest, WA, OR, N. AK