Now in its seventh year, the Technology & Business Summit returns to Southern California on May 12 in Los Angeles at the Warner Center Marriott, and May 14 in Orange County at the Irvine Marriott.
The summit is an event brought to the industry by a collaborative effort of multiple independent manufacturer rep firms that represent manufacturers in Southern California. The rep firms that host the event are AV Partners, ByDesign Vision & Sound, Calwest Marketing, Chris Dixon Company, JBA Marketing, Morris Tait Associates, Paul Collins Group, ProWest Sales, and Studio Decor.
More than 100 exhibiting companies represented by the various rep firms are expected, and will participate with tabletop displays and factory staff. The intimate venue and focused displays encourage an interactive environment where dealers get to talk with the exhibitors as opposed to doing a “fly-by." Breakfast and lunch are served so participants can spend the entire day. Additionally, CEDIA will serve the summit as education partner, contributing with presenters, industry trends, and CEU credits for seminars.
This year, industry icon Frank White has joined the team at Integrator Network, the company that organizes and manages the summit. White has been involved in the summit for many years and is now leading the charge to organize the event.
“The Technology & Business Summit is now in its seventh year and we just held another well attended event in Arizona in April," said the event's co-founder Mark Cichowski. "The model of a joint effort in a one on one environment has proven to be very successful. Even though it is encouraging to see business moving back in the right direction, everyone still wants make effective use of time and resources.”
White added, “I’ve been involved in the summit for years and it is truly the right formula for our industry. It is collaborative with reps, manufacturers and dealers all working together to not only talk about products, but to build a better business. It is a concentrated investment of time and a huge amount of value in return.”
Components that make the summit unique are the combination of approachable hands-on displays along with an education-focused format. There will be five Educational Seminars, two hosted by the Tech Summit education partner, CEDIA:
- Dolby Atmos seminar and demo with special guest Craig Eggers from Dolby Labs. Dealers will learn how to present this new technology to their clients and experience Dolby Atmos demos all day.
- Innovative Business Process. Frank White will present dealers with ways to enhance their business and the process to increase business.
- Mike Maniscalco offers Practical, Robust Networking (IP). Trends, performance enhancements in the ever-changing backbone of today’s systems.
- Rich Green offers HDMI Troubleshooting (CEDIA Seminar, CEU credit class).
- Understanding Ultra HD/4K Technology. It is here and here to stay, but what the heck does 4K really mean and do? CEDIA Seminar, CEU credit class by Rich Green.
More information about the Southern California Technology & Business Summit is at www.techsummitwest.com.