URC and Ring have introduced an integration where users can now access select Ring devices using URC’s Total Control family of products to view live video feeds, talk to visitors at the front door, and receive motion alerts, all on URC products installed throughout the home.
The Ring integration will begin with compatible Ring Video Doorbells and Ring security cams, letting users access many of the same Ring features they would on their Ring app. For example, as a guest approaches the front door, the Ring Video Doorbell will alert the homeowner on pre-configured URC screen devices that lets users take a preferred next step, like interacting via two-way talk or observing what is happening via Live View. The homeowner can also set up these Ring motion alerts or Doorbell press to trigger other events within Total Control, like turning on lights or play a sound throughout the home.
With professional installation, users can truly personalize their experience, launching customized scenes where multiple activities occur like locking the door and arming the security system, activating exterior lighting, and playing a preferred audio cue. The addition of compatible Ring devices can occur at URC user interfaces, like touch screens and remotes, throughout a home or office.
Key benefits include:
- Unified Operation — Compatible Ring device operation within the Total Control system minimizes the number of controllers or remotes. When triggered by motion detected by a supported Ring device, Total Control devices stream video from the Ring Video Doorbell or security cameras, as well as audio notifications throughout the home.
- Voice/Hands-Free Control — URC’s voice commands allow two-way communication with simple homeowner operation across URC user interfaces and select Ring devices. Real-time communication allows the homeowner the option to speak directly with the guest.
- Customization to Match User Preferences — Total Control’s user-experience tools allow for adjustment of Ring device alerts and notifications according to preferred schedules.
- Simplified Integration Programming — Professional programming through URC’s home automation dealer community can create Scenes with multiple actions:
- Lock the front door
- Turn on porch lights (any lights on system)
- Arm the security system
- Trigger an audio notification
- Activate mic/speakers on any touch screen throughout the house
- Fast User Response — Customers will have a more seamless, automated experience, quickly getting alerts and the information they need once compatible Ring devices are integrated into the URC system.
For more information visit www.urc-automation.com.