Anthem Electronics has announced the launch of the MDX Series of distribution systems. MDX features advanced DSP processing, matrix switching, and cutting-edge Anthem amplification technology, providing smooth, efficient, consistent high power and reliability, according to the manufacturer.
MDX includes these key features:
- 60 watts (8 ohms)/120 watts (4 ohms) with all channels driven, or bridges to provide 200 watts (8 ohms).
- 8- or 16-channels of Ultra-Class-D amplification, each supported by Advanced Load Monitoring technology.
- Independent Anthem Room Correction (ARC), bass management, bass/treble adjustments, and level control settings are available for each zone.
- 24-bit/192 kHz digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
- All DSP and on-board room correction executed at 32-bit/48 kHz.
- Full digital/analog matrix switching allows any analog RCA, digital coaxial, or digital optical input to be assigned to any output — either pre-configured via the web interface or switched in real-time via IP/RS-232.
- Customized preset DSP settings.
- Separate zone-specific bass management and subwoofer integration via a passive (RCA) or active (powered by another zone in bridge mode) connection.
- Bridging allows up to 200 watts for high power applications such as subwoofers.
- Digital switching output allows linking of digital inputs between multiple MDX.
- Analog pass-through connections allow daisy-chaining of multiple MDX-16 units.
- Speaker terminal block connections accept up to 12 AWG, ideal for long speaker cable runs.
- IP/RS232 capability ensures compatibility with leading home automation systems.
- Fast power ON/OFF switched via IP/RS232, 12-Volt trigger, or audio sensing.
- Secure professional rack-mount arms included.
MDX-16 audio inputs:
- 8x stereo RCA
- 2x digital coaxial
- 2x digital optical (Toslink)
MDX-8 audio inputs:
- 4x stereo RCA
- 1x digital optical (Toslink)
MDX-16 audio outputs:
- 8x stereo speaker level with Euroblock connectors
- 8x RCA subwoofer
- 2x stereo analog pass-through
- 1x digital optical (Toslink) jack.
MDX-8 audio outputs:
- 4x stereo speaker level with Euroblock connectors
- 4x RCA subwoofer
MDX-16 retails for $2999/each (U.S.) and $3499/each (CAD).
MDX-8 retails for $1999/each (U.S.) and $2499/each (CAD).
The MDX series is now shipping.
For more information, visit https://www.anthemav.com/mdx-16 and https://www.anthemav.com/mdx-8.