Professional AV installers often encounter projects that require long cable runs, and the AudioControl BLX-1K has been engineered as a premium, simple solution to efficiently address these challenges. The BLX-1K is a signal extender that sends and receives a fully balanced, noise-rejecting, analog audio signal up to 1000 feet over standard Cat5/6 cable.
Designed to be used in pairs at both ends of the signal path, each BLX-1K contains a 2-channel receive stage as well as a 2-channel transmit stage, enabling audio to travel in both directions across a span of standard Cat5/6. Once wired connections are made, the A/B button on one unit is pressed to reverse the signal path. Signal gain can then be set to complete the installation. The BLX-1K comes equipped with a 24 VAC transformer for easy connection and ultra-quiet performance.
The BLX-1K delivers a stout output of nearly 8 volts RMS with a low noise floor, providing a pure audio signal over long Ethernet runs.
- Send/receive high quality audio up to 1000 feet
- High gain, low noise outputs
- Simple connection with one-button setup
- Supports standard Cat5/6 cable
- Separate balanced line driver and receiver stages
- Independent gain and attenuation controls
- Ground lift option (when using shielded Cat5/6)
- Integrated mounting brackets
For more information, visit audiocontrol.com.