ELAC has announced the Debut ConneX powered bookshelf speakers. These new powered bookshelf speakers combine the simplicity and versatility of a traditional soundbar with the performance of premium bookshelf speakers.
Equipped with a wide variety of inputs, Debut ConneX lends itself to a variety of applications. Everything from a dorm room audio system, game room system, and even to the aspiring home DJ.
“With the majority of modern televisions offering both streaming movie and music services, consumers are turning to their televisions more and more as the source for their musical enjoyment,” says Joe Riggi, president and CTO, ELAC. “While soundbars offer great conveniences and improved audio over TV sound, they do not offer compelling stereo imaging or stereo separation found even in the most affordable stereo systems. The Debut ConneX powered speakers solve this issue, and a lot more.”
Some of the notable new features include:
- HDMI ARC Support: Connect the HDMI ARC output from your compatible television and your TV’s remote control will now control the volume of the Debut ConneX speakers, greatly simplifying operation.
- Vinyl Support: The Debut ConneX speakers have a built-in phono stage ensuring that almost any turntable can be connected. If you already have a dedicated phono preamp, the built-in phono stage can be defeated with the flick of a switch.
- USB Input: The USB connection on the Debut ConneX speakers delivers a digital connection to your PC so that all your music and movie content is not compromised. No drivers are necessary for both Windows and macOS and the volume of the speakers can be controlled with the PC. High-resolution content up to 96 kHz/24-bit is supported.
- Bluetooth Support with aptX: The Bluetooth receiver built-in to the speakers supports the aptX codec, allowing for CD-quality audio streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers. In conjunction with High-resolution streaming services such as Qobuz, Tidal, and Amazon Music HD, you can enjoy CD-quality music wirelessly.
- Subwoofer Output: A dedicated subwoofer output allows for connection to a powered subwoofer delivering improved bass response for both movies and music.
The Debut ConneX speakers are available in Black Ash, Walnut, and Royal Blue finishes allowing for easy blending into just about any environment.
The Debut ConneX speakers will be available in mid-September through ELAC’s nationwide network of dealers at a retail price of $599.98 a pair.
For more information, visit elac.com.