Sonos has introduced Sonos Era 300 and Sonos Era 100 smart speakers. Era 300 is built to deliver spatial audio with Dolby Atmos, while Era 100 is a remastering of the best-selling Sonos One. Tuned by award-winning artists and engineers, the Era family powers new levels of immersive listening with expanded connectivity and Trueplay technology. Era 300 and Era 100 are also the first speakers built to Sonos’ new responsible design standards, which span long-term serviceability, energy-efficient technologies, and use of post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials.
Both Era 300 ($449 USD) and Era 100 ($249 USD) will be available globally on March 28, 2023.
The company also announced that its customers will have access to spatial audio on Apple Music starting March 28, 2023.
Era 300 — A Spatial Audio Experience with Dolby Atmos
The Era 300 boasts six powerful drivers that direct sound left, right, forward, and upward, delivering a Dolby Atmos performance that places listeners at the very heart of their movies and music..
- Designed for spatial: Era 300 wraps its complex acoustic architecture in an elegantly cinched hourglass design, with every angle, proportion and perforation enhancing the direction and dispersion of sound to truly surround you.
- Surreal surround sound: Era 300 is the brand’s first speaker that delivers multichannel surround sound when used as home theater rears. Movie fans can pair two speakers with Arc or Beam (Gen 2) to create a supercharged Dolby Atmos experience that draws them deeper into the action.
- Deep music industry collaboration: Sonos worked closely with its community of leading artists and creators — including Sonos Soundboard members — to meticulously fine-tune Era 300 so listeners can enjoy sound straight from the studio that’s true to the artist’s intent.
“Just like the shift from mono to stereo, spatial audio is the next evolution in listening — creating a sound experience that wraps you in music,” says Giles Martin, VP, sound experience at Sonos. “As both creators and major streaming platforms embrace spatial audio for music, the time is right to create an out loud listening experience that delivers against the promise of this thrilling and creative format.”
Sonos Era 300 will be available globally March 28, 2023, for $449 USD.
Era 100 – Taking Over for the Sonos One
Only slightly larger than its predecessor Sonos One, Era 100 features all-new hardware and software, with next-gen acoustics and design that deliver detailed stereo sound and deep bass.
- Now in stereo: Two angled tweeters send crisp high frequencies left and right for a rich stereo experience, while a larger midwoofer creates stunning bass that’s unexpected from a single compact speaker.
- Small but mighty: Packed full of audio and tech enhancements, Era 100’s slim, modern design makes it a chic accent piece for any bookshelf, kitchen counter, desk, or nightstand.
- Customize your system: Level-up movie night by adding two Era 100 speakers as rears with your soundbar to create a surround sound system, or simply pair two together for room-filling stereo sound.
Building on Sonos’s acoustic-driven design aesthetic, Era 100 and Era 300 feature a new UI and innovations that will help them last longer, use less energy, and make use of recycled materials in each product.
- More sustainable sound: Era 100 and Era 300 are made with post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic and packaged in 100 percent sustainably sourced paper, while also engineered to reduce power consumption with under 2 watts idle power consumption and a new advanced sleep function.
- Built to last: Designed to live in homes for years, both speakers are built for serviceability by reducing the use of adhesives and transitioning to screws for disassembly and repair.
- New UI: Era 100 and Era 300 feature an intuitive new user interface, including a new capacitive volume slider for simple control that complements quick and private control of your music with Sonos Voice Control, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth .
- Upgraded connectivity: Stream all the audio you care about using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and directly connect other audio devices such as a turntable using an auxiliary cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter.
- Expanding Trueplay to more listeners: Using the microphone array in Era 100 and Era 300, Trueplay optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of your space with just a tap in the Sonos app. Available to both Android and iOS users.
Sonos Becomes Apple Music’s First Partner to Bring Spatial Audio to the Home
Sonos will add support for spatial audio on Apple Music in what will be a significant expansion of its next-gen sound experience offerings. Sonos customers will have access to spatial audio on Apple Music starting March 28, 2023.
Available on Sonos Era 300, Arc, and Beam (Gen 2), Apple Music with spatial audio will place listeners at the center of their music with an ever-growing catalog of tracks and expertly curated playlists featuring renowned artists across all genres.
For more information, visit sonos.com.