Sonus faber has announced the launch of its new Olympica Nova speaker collection. Over the last 12 months, Sonus faber has begun a complete update to their product assortment, focusing on the attributes that originally built the brand: technological innovation, long term listenability and Italian craftsmanship. The reinvention of the Olympica Nova collection is the latest step in this evolution. Of the seven models in the collection, three are all-new to the Olympica Nova line, including an on-wall model, a third and more powerful floor-stander, and a larger center channel.
The walls of the new Olympica Nova collection are made with eight layers of bended wood, providing the cabinet with extreme rigidity. Inside the cabinet, structural ribs are used as reinforcement to reduce vibration and to handle the overall power of the transducer’s movement. The original Olympica’s leather wrapped top panel gives way to a walnut or wenge wood panel set in a solid die-cast aluminum plate.
The outer part of the Stealth Ultraflex system, a low-turbulence porting system, is fabricated from a solid piece of extruded aluminum and it is inherited from Sonus Faber’s Homage Tradition models. Inspired by sea waves, the system facilitates airflow through the duct while controlling its speed and reducing distortion-causing turbulence.
Completely redesigned for the line relaunch, the supports (bottom plates and stands) are crafted from solid aluminum billets and paired with steel spikes, guaranteeing increased strength and solidity. The front baffle is comprised of hand-finished natural wood, enhancing the entire enclosure.
The tweeter features the DADTM technology (Damped Apex Dome) on a 28mm silk dome diaphragm and a magnetic motor system that integrates “Neodymium Cap Design”. The arch and the ring of the DADTM system have been redesigned and obtained from a solid piece of aluminum die-cast.
The midrange and mid-woofer transducers are derived from those used in the Homage Tradition collection with these improvements:
- The Cone: Following the traditional Sonus faber structure, air-dried, non-pressed blend of cellulose pulp and other natural fibers Kapok, Kenaf gives the cone a slightly rough surface of varying density, which reduces resonance, guaranteeing a natural sound with increased transparency and detail.
- Die-Cast Aluminum Basket is designed to allow maximum rigidity and airflow, enhancing detail.
- The Moving Coil is made with CCAW (Copper Clad Aluminum Winding), a special copper alloy that reduces moving mass and improves dynamics and power handling
- The Phase Plug is made of aluminum with a copper ring, helping to eliminate intermodulation distortion and enhance micro-dynamics
- The woofer features a cone that benefits from an exclusive sandwich construction technique where two sheets of cellulose pulp encasing a hi-tech syntactic foam. This low-mass, high-rigidity structure provides fast and powerful sound reproduction while allowing total coherence with the mid-high units.
- The cross-over network implements Paracross Topology, making it less sensitive to radio-frequency interference, improving transient response and lowering noise floor. The filtering topology of the entire line features new exclusive Clarity Cap capacitors, customized for Sonus faber.
- Olympica Nova V: $ 16.500 (pair)
- Olympica Nova III: $ 13.500 (pair)
- Olympica Nova II: $ 10.000 (pair)
- Olympica Nova I: $ 6.500 (pair)
- Olympica Nova Stand: $ 1.200 (pair)
- Olympica Nova Center II: $ 7.000 (each)
- Olympica Nova Center I: $ 5.000 (each)
- Olympica Nova Wall: $ 4.000 (each)
- Olympica Nova V, III, II, I will be available worldwide in September 2019.
- Olympica Nova Center II, Center I and Wall will be available in October 2019.
For more information, visit www.sonusfaber.com or see them at CEDIA booth #SR-18.