Somfy and Brilliant have announced a new integration that makes it easier and more affordable to control motorized shade experiences using a whole-home control system. Through Somfy’s new TaHoma Gateway, Somfy interior shades, blinds and draperies, and exterior screens, awnings, and pergolas can now be controlled and automated using Brilliant touchscreen control panels as well as the Brilliant mobile app.
“We’re excited to partner with Brilliant to offer easy and affordable new ways for Somfy customers to control their smart homes and properties,” says Alex Keichinger, product marketing for connected solutions at Somfy. “The Brilliant System is easy to use and install, and makes it possible for so many more people to start enjoying all the benefits of living in a fully-integrated smart home.”
“At Brilliant, our mission is to make smart home living accessible, affordable, and effortless for as many people as possible,” says Aaron Emigh, co-founder and CEO of Brilliant. “This new integration with Somfy opens up exciting new opportunities for our customers to control natural lighting and privacy, improve the energy efficiency of their homes, and further unify their smart home experience.”
Key features and benefits:
- Easy-to-Use Control System: Brilliant offers a variety of convenient ways to control and automate Somfy motorized shades and blinds, as well as other smart home devices. This includes intuitive touchscreen controls, touch sliders, built-in Alexa voice commands, home automation scenes, and a mobile app.
- Natural Lighting and Privacy Control: Check which shades are open and closed from any Brilliant Smart Home Control panel (for Somfy models that support shade level/status) and control them all on-demand or through schedules and scenes.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: Schedule shades to open during the warmest times of the day during winter and close during the hottest times of the day during summer to save on heating/cooling costs.
- Home Automation Scenes: Control groups of shades together or create custom scenes to control multiple smart home products simultaneously. Example scenes include a “Leave Home” or “Goodnight” scene that could close window shades, lock doors, turn off lights, and adjust the thermostat, or a “Good Morning” scene that could automatically open your bedroom blinds at sunrise to wake up with the sun.
- Whole-Home App Control: Use Brilliant’s all-in-one mobile app for iOS and Android to control Somfy window shades and all the other smart home devices from anywhere.
To learn more about the Brilliant Smart Home System, visit https://www.brilliant.tech. To learn more about Somfy smart shading solutions, visit www.somfysystems.com.