URC has released an integration of its Total Control smart home technology with Yamaha MusicCast wireless streaming audio products. This integration introduces seamless operability between Total Control and the Yamaha MusicCast wireless streaming audio ecosystem. This means that dozens of the latest MusicCast-enabled devices from Yamaha can now be controlled via URC’s user interfaces or mobile app.
This new module connects Yamaha devices equipped with MusicCast technology with URC’s Total Control Accelerator 3 operating system. Homeowners can enjoy seamless integration across multiple Yamaha devices, including the newly introduced AVENTAGE AV receiver models RX-A8A, RX-A6A, and RX-A4A.
MusicCast delivers built-in music streaming services, multi-room audio, and voice control via Alexa, Google, and Siri-enabled devices via AirPlay 2. In addition, Yamaha AVRs with MusicCast offer MusicCast Surround, allowing optional wireless MusicCast speakers to be paired and used as surrounds in a 5.1-channel setup without the need for speaker wire to the AV receiver.
URC’s Total Control can be programmed to leverage features like geofencing and scheduling to send activity prompts that active Yamaha-enabled MusicCast devices. Also, this integration can be set to trigger database driver commands via custom macro integrations. Homeowners can schedule audio to the desired level along with climate, security, audio, video, and other device commands.
Key benefits include:
- Seamless Audio Enjoyment — Controlling audio can amplify entertaining experiences with family and friends, combine with video sources to watch your favorite movie, or crank your favorite artist’s track
- Plays Your Favorite Streaming Channel —Integration to most popular music sources. No limits
- Control from Anywhere — Control audio settings from any room or remotely with Total Control and URC controllers and mobile app
- Simplified Whole Home Automation/Programming — Adjust audio settings with a tap or voice command by creating home automation Scenes. Example Scenes include a “Good Morning” or “Good Night” scene that adjusts audio in conjunction with lighting, shades, video, and other connected home devices
- Voice/Hands-free Control — URC’s voice commands through Alexa or Google Home enables audio control as well as all other smart home features
For more information, visit https://www.urc-automation.com.