miniDSP has announced the launch of the new SHD (Streaming High Definition) Series digital audio processor incorporating Dirac Live room correction solution. The Series includes the SHD, an analog and digital unit, and the SHD Studio, a more compact, all-digital solution that comes with all features of the full version, but without the analog component. Both the SHD (MSRP: $1,199.00 USD) and SHD Studio (MSRP: $899.00 USD) are now available.
The Dirac Live Calibration Tool walks the user through simple steps to get good measurements for room correction. Dirac Live’s algorithms correct frequency and time errors around the whole listening area, so one should expect improved stereo imaging, greater clarity and realism, more accurate timbre, and a deeper, tighter and more accurate bass.
SHD hardware features and included items:
- Processor: 32-bit floating-point 450MHz Analog Devices SHARC DSP
- 32-bit Audiophile converters: AK5574 / AK4490EQ
- Powered by Dirac Live Digital Room Correction
- Quad core ARM processor for network audio streaming – preloaded with Volumio
- Inputs: Stereo digital (USB Audio/AES-EBU/SPDIF/Optical), stereo analog (Balanced XLR, unbalanced RCA)
- Outputs: 4 x digital (SPDIF out), 4 x analog out (Balanced XLR, unbalanced RCA)
- White/Black OLED front panel controller
- License for Dirac Live Calibration Tool (stereo, Windows/Mac compatible)
- UMIK-1 calibrated measurement microphone
- Microphone tripod stand
For more information, visit www.miniDSP.com.