Pioneer and Onkyo U.S.A. Corp. have released details about its new Elite network AV receiver: the VSX-LX103 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver. Offering more connectivity and multi-zone features, the new receiver is now available for an MSRP of $599 (USD) and $749.99 (CAD).
Featuring 5.2.2 channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the VSX-LX103 is a 7.2-channel receiver with 170W/ch amplification (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 percent, 1ch driven). This power can also be directed through new Powered Zone 2 outputs to enjoy audio from speakers in another room. Zone 2 Pre/Line Out has also been added for consumers utilizing a dedicated amplifier in Zone 2.
The VSX-LX103 also increases device connectivity with two additional HDMI inputs. It features 6 HDMI In/1 Out and supports Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2, 4K / 60 Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), WCG (Wide Color Gamut) and Ultra HD upscaling (1080p to 4K).
The VSX-LX103 incorporates the latest in Pioneer audio technologies that ensure easy set-up and reference grade sound. Upon set-up, the company’s Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) creates the ideal acoustic environment via the receiver’s custom microphone so that the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes the response.
Additionally, Pioneer’s onboard Phase Control compensates for phase lag between the subwoofer and the main channel speakers by improving sound synchronization to achieve a clearer reproduction of sound in the middle and high frequency bands.
Additional features include:
• Reflex Optimizer enhances object-based audio reproduction from upward firing Dolby Atmos ‘enabled’ speakers.
• Works with Google Assistant so you can tell the VSX-LX103 to turn up the volume, skip tracks, or stop the music using a device with the Google Assistant built-in, like Google Home.
• Wireless connectivity includes Chromecast built-in, Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth, DTS Play-Fi, Wi-Fi as well as FlareConnect, Pioneer’s wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver on compatible speakers in other rooms.
• Access to Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer.
• High-resolution sound sources (192kHz / 24-bit) in FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC file formats, DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), and Dolby TrueHD® files are also supported.
• Custom integration features common in Elite receivers, including IR in, 12 V Trigger out, RS-232c, and a detachable power cable.