LG Electronics USA has announced pricing and availability of its 2022 OLED TV lineup. LG’s latest OLED TVs — the LG OLED evo G2 Gallery Edition and the LG OLED evo C2 Series — are available now at LG.com and at LG-authorized retailers nationwide in April.
LG OLED evo
Featuring LG’s most advanced OLED panel and the new α (Alpha) 9 Gen 5 intelligent processor, including brightness booster technology, LG’s evo technology is built into the 2022 G2 series (LG OLED evo Gallery Edition) and C2 series. LG OLED evo technology offers higher brightness, clarity, and detail, for lifelike images that almost jump off the screen. Brightness is enhanced even further by the new Brightness Booster Max (G2 series) and Brightness Booster (C2 series) features, which are enabled by the increased processing power of the α9 Gen 5.
Widest Range of Screen Sizes Ever
LG’s 2022 OLED TV lineup also welcomes new screen sizes and stylish designs to give consumers more choice. In addition to the world’s first 97-inch OLED TV and a new 83-inch model, the G2 series provides 77-, 65-, and 55-inch options. The G2 series’ refined Gallery Design lets users mount the TVs flush to the wall for better spatial integration in the viewing environment. LG’s C2 series offers the most screen sizes of the 2022 lineup with a total of six. Ideal as a smaller room TV or for those who enjoy console and PC gaming, the first-ever 42-inch OLED TV adds to the C2 series’ broad range of 83-, 77-, 65-, 55-, and 48-inch models. New for this year, the upgraded C2 series features thinner bezels that help deliver more immersive viewing experiences and an elegantly slender design.
Related: The CI Guide to the TVs of 2022
LG α9 Gen 5 Intelligent Processor
The new and improved LG α9 Gen 5 intelligent processor employs a deep-learning algorithm to enhance the upscaling performance of the latest OLEDs, giving images a more three-dimensional quality by making onscreen elements more distinct from one another. Equipped in G2, C2, and Z2 (8K) series models, the α9 Gen 5 also boasts the new Dynamic Tone-mapping Pro Algorithm, which individually processes over 5000 areas on the screen, enhancing each to produce a more vivid and detailed image, in both brighter and darker parts of the picture. LG’s latest processor also boosts audio quality via the AI Sound Pro feature, enabling the TVs’ built-in speakers to produce virtual 7.1.2 surround. Completing the 2022 OLED TV U.S. line-up are B2 OLED TV series in three screen sizes (77-inch, 65-inch, 55-inch), and A2 series in two screen sizes 65-inch, 55-inch), both powered by the company’s self-lit technology, α7 Gen 5 processor with Dynamic Tone-mapping, AI Sound Pro and virtual 5.1.2 surround sound.
2022 LG OLED 4K TVs
G2 “Gallery Edition” (OLED evo)
- OLED97G2PUA 97-inch class: Availability & Pricing TBA
- OLED83G2PUA 83-inch class (82.7 inches diagonal): $6499; Available April 2022
- OLED77G2PUA 77-inch class (76.7 inches diagonal): $3999; Available March 2022
- OLED65G2PUA 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal): $2999; Available March 2022
- OLED55G2PUA 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal): $2199; Available April 2022
- OLED77B2PUA 77-inch class (76.7 inches diagonal): $3299; Available March 2022
- OLED65B2PUA 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal): $1999; Available March 2022
- OLED55B2PUA 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal): $1499; Available March 2022
2022 LG OLED 8K TVs
- OLED88Z2PUA 88-inch class (87.6 inches diagonal): $24,999; Available April 2022
C2 Series (OLED evo)
- OLED83C2PUA 83-inch class (82.7 inches diagonal): $5499; Available April 2022
- OLED77C1PUA 77-inch class (76.7 inches diagonal): $3499; Available March 2022
- OLED65C2PUA 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal): $2499; Available March 2022
- OLED55C2PUA 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal): $1799; Available March 2022
- OLED48C2PUA 48-inch class (47.5 inches diagonal): $1499; Available March 2022
- OLED42C2PUA 42-inch class (42.1 diagonal): $1399; Available May 2022
- OLED65A2PUA 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal): Availability & Pricing TBA
- OLED55A2PUA 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal): Availability & Pricing TBA
- OLED778Z2PUA 77-inch class (76.7 inches diagonal): $12,999; Available April 2022
LG’s 2022 OLED TVs come with webOS 22, the newest version of LG’s innovative Smart TV platform. webOS 22 offers a number of new personalization options, including customizable user profiles that allow each member of the household to tailor their viewing experience and enjoy easier access to their preferred channels, apps, and content services. webOS22 also provides convenience features such as NFC Magic Tap that allows for a simple way to mirror screen from mobile to TV, Room To Room Share, which allows for cable or satellite content mirroring via Wi-Fi from one TV to another in the home, so there’s no need for an additional set-top box on the second TV, and Always Ready, which turns an LG TV into a media display when not in use. LG’s webOS22 platform will also feature an updated LG Channels experience with over 350 free ad-supported channels, including the NCAA Channel, which is exclusive to LG Channels and features up to 50 NCAA Fall, Winter, and Spring championships, both live and on-demand.
Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail
LG’s latest OLEDs are the first TVs to adopt Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail. This new technology unlocks even more from Dolby Vision content, revealing detail in both bright and dark areas that were not perceivable before. And for equally immersive audio, LG’s new OLED TVs deliver Dolby Atmos spatial sound through their speaker system.
For more information on LG’s 2022 OLED TVs, visit LG.com.