Zappiti has introduced the Zappiti Neo, Zappiti Reference, and Zappiti Signature — three new 4K HDR media players featuring Dolby Vision and HDR10+ powered by the latest Realtek RTD1619DR chipset. The new media players are also media servers capable of streaming content to other Zappiti devices in a network through the exclusive Zappiti Share advanced streaming protocol.
The new Zappiti media players support the majority of digital audio and video formats, including current 4K HDR standards such as Dolby Vision and HDR10+, almost all recent video file formats, full BD/UHD Menus, HEVC video codec with one billion colors (10-Bit color encoding), VP-9, 3D video standards with 3D subtitles, and high-resolution audio files such as DSD, FLAC, ALAC, and MQA. They all feature a wide solid chassis, dual HDMI output, 4K 60p, and Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
The Zappiti Neo ($899, available in November) media player comes with an internal hard drive bay capable of hosting up to 20 TB of movies, TV shows, and music files, and offers dual HDMI outputs.
The Zappiti Reference ($1599, available in November) media player comes with a dual internal hard drive bay capable of hosting up to 40 TB of movies, TV shows, and music files, and features dual HDMI output. It includes a premium 32-bit DAC ESS ES9038Q2M and a toroidal transformer.
The Zappiti Signature ($2999, available in Novemner) media player comes with a dual internal hard drive bay capable of hosting up to 40 TB of movies, TV shows, and music files and dual HDMI outputs. It includes a premium 32-bit DAC ESS ES9038 PRO, and a dual R-Core transformer.
Main Features of the Three Media Players
- Chipset: Realtek RTD1619DR.
- CPU: ARM Cortex-A55 (hexa core). +77% faster than previous generation media players.
- GPU: ARM Mali-G51 MP3. +50% faster than previous generation media players.
- RAM: 4 GB. 2x more than in the previous generation media players.
- ROM: 32 GB NAN eMMC. 2x more than in the previous generation media players.
- Dual HDMI: Use the second HDMI to separate audio and video for the best performances and enjoy the 4K HDR, while using an old-generation AV receiver.
- Video processing: Zappiti Magic Pixel V3 and VS10 video processing combined offers picture quality that is far better than the previous generations, with improved dynamics, accurate colorimetry, increased contrast, and better upscaling.
- Dolby Vision and HDR10+: Display your HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision video content.
- HDR Conversion: Convert your HDR video content into SDR to display it on your 1080p TV or projector managed by a brand-new video processing for better color grading accuracy and perfect luminance curve.
- 4K 50/60p: Display of your 4K 50p or 60p video content.
- Real Cinema: Auto framerate detection 24/50/60p (24Hz / 23.976 Hz video out).
- 3D Video Support: Enjoy all your 3D movies files (3D BD ISO, MKV 3D MVC)
- Backlit RC: Control the Zappiti media player in the dark.
- Zappiti Share: Share your video files stored on the internal (or external) hard drive with other Zappiti media players (including older generation).
- Zappiti Media Center Interface: Browse your movie and TV show collection with cover arts and media information (subtitles, actors, director, release date…). Zappiti features an automatic category index of movies and TV shows directly on the player, without requiring a computer.
- Zappiti Video Control: Control your Zappiti using your tablet or smartphone.
The new Zappiti media players are already available in pre-order on the Zappiti Store: store.zappiti.com.