Continuing with a roll-out plan announced earlier this year, AVAD and Crestron have set a training schedule that will serve as a requirement for dealers to purchase Crestron products through AVAD.
These two-day training sessions, which are scheduled for 70 dates throughout AVAD’s U.S. and Canadian branches, will teach dealers how to market, sell, and install Crestron’s Prodigy and Adagio systems.
Following the completion of the course, dealers will be required to take and pass a test to purchase a demo system for their showroom, place an opening order, and be issued an authorized Crestron dealer number. Upon passing the course, dealers will also be eligible to apply to attend Crestron’s three-day SystemBuilder training held at Crestron’s U.S. training centers.
“The goal of the AVAD Integration Partners program has always been to offer dealers turnkey solutions that are robust, reliable, repeatable, easy to install and, most importantly, profitable,” said Jim Annes, vice president and general manager of AVAD. “Together with Crestron, we are taking the first steps in equipping our dealers with the knowledge and resources they need to sell and install these product solutions.”
“Crestron has always considered a commitment to training a large part of our True Blue Support program,” said Delia Hansen, Crestron strategic account manager-AVAD. “Now we are working together with the AVAD organization to empower them to provide training and True Blue Support along with selected products to qualified AVAD dealers. The combination of AVAD Sales Certification and Crestron Advanced System Builder Trainings will ensure the quality of the Crestron Brand and the branding of both AVAD and AVAD dealers.”
AVAD’s Crestron Training Schedule
• June 15-16 – Centennial, Colo.; Tampa, Fla.; Westbury, N.Y., Dallas, Texas; Smyrna, Ga.; Elk Grove Village, Ill.; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Van Nuys, Calif.
• June 17-18 – Irvine, Calif.
• June 22-23 Pine Brook, N.J.; Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Gaithersburg, Md.; Chesterfield, Mo.; Calgary, Mo.; Livermore, Calif.
• June 23-24 – Bellevue, Wash.
• June 24-25 – San Jose, Calif.
• June 29-30 – Salt Lake City, Utah; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Woburn, Mass.; Houston, Texas; Nashville, Tenn.; Carmel, Ind.; Beaverton, Ore.; San Diego, Calif.
• July 7-8 – Tampa, Fla.; Plymouth, Pa.; Dallas, Texas; Charlotte, N.C.; Edina, Minn.; Van Nuys, Calif.
• July 13-14 – Centennial, Colo.; Pine Brook, N.J.; Smyrna, Ga.; Irvine, Calif.
• July 20-21 – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Woburn, Mass.; Gaithersburg, Md.; Elk Grove Village, Ill.; Mississauga, Ontario, Canada; Bellevue, Wash.
• July 21-22 – Houston, Texas
• July 27-28 – Westbury, N.Y.; Nashville, Tenn.; Livermore, Calif.; San Diego, Calif.
• August 3-4 – Centennial, Colo.; Tampa, Fla.; Pine Brook, N.J.; Dallas, Texas; Charlotte, N.C.; Chesterfield, Mo.; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Van Nuys, Calif.
• August 10-11 – Woburn, Mass.; Gaithersburg, Md.; Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Irvine, Calif.; Bellevue, Wash.
• August 11-12 – Edina, Minn.
• August 17-18 – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Westbury, N.Y.; Houston, Texas; Smyrna, Calif.; Carmel, Ind.; Livermore, Calif.; San Diego, Calif.
• August 31-September 1 – Salt Lake City, Utah; Plymouth, Pa.; Nashville, Tenn.; Elk Grove Village, Ill.; Mississauga, Ontario, Canada; Beaverton, Ore.
• September 8-9 – Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Charlotte, N.C.; Chesterfield, Mo.
All dates and locations are subject to change. Dealers interested in attending the AVAD Crestron trainings should contact their local AVAD branch for more details.