URC has announced that its MRX-30 and MRX-15 premium system controllers can now be used to control Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD. Through this native integration, users can natively control Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD across URC’s portfolio of interfaces including:
- Tabletop Controllers with 7- to 10-inch touchscreens: TDC-9100 and TDC-7100
- In-Wall Controllers with 5- to 10-inch touchscreens: TKP-9600, TKP-8600, TKP-7600, and TKP-5600
- Ergonomic Handheld Remote with 2.4-inch capacitive touch screen: TRC-1480
With a press of a touchscreen or mic button on the TKP-8600 and TRC-1480, users can now ask Siri to control what is playing on Apple TV, search for shows and movies, and check the score of a game. Also, users can ask Siri to control HomeKit-enabled accessories, such as lights, door locks, and thermostats.
“This next generation of voice-enabled, Apple TV integration ensures that our dealers can easily install smart home systems with premium streaming entertainment quality across hardware and streaming sources,” says Lars Granoe, URC’s VP product development. “This is the first true integration among custom electronics installation brands.”
Combining the power of URC’s Total Control MRX-30 and MRX-15 controlled systems and Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD creates unified, smart home control for homeowners. Key benefits of the Apple TV integration include:
- Unified Operation — Use the Total Control system to ask Siri to answer your personal requests on your Apple TV, minimizing the number of controllers
- Voice Control — URC’s voice commands allow two-way communication with simple homeowner operation across URC user interfaces
- Simplified Integration Programming — Fast, easy, professional programming through URC’s home automation dealer community
- Fast User Response — URC’s secure database enables quick response to voice commands and provides a superior user experience when searching or launching apps.
“I am truly excited for URC’s integration with Apple TV as it is a simple, straightforward solution for our clients,” says Ryan Yeackley of Schaefer’s TV, a URC dealer. “Adding the capability to use Siri with the TRC-1480 and TKP-8600 expands the ability to not just navigate to the Favorites app faster, but can be used as an alternative audio source. The module is lightning fast and has a clean UI. I believe showing this in our showroom will add more comfort during the buying process. Seamlessly connecting all of [the client’s] streaming devices is a big benefit. Kudos to the URC team on publishing another solid module expanding the integration capabilities of an already robust library of device integrations.”
URC will be at CEDIA Expo at booth #19002.
For more information, visit www.urc-automation.com.