For clients that want to improve their streaming space, or to up your own streaming game, Auralex Acoustics is shipping its Streamer Stater Kit, which provides control to the creative space to maximize the enjoyment of the viewers.
When a word is spoken inside a room, the sound spreads throughout the room, hits hard surfaces and bounces off in various directions. These reflections cause reverberation and significantly impact the quality of audio recordings. By adding absorption from your studio starter kit, particularly in areas of direct reflection (where your mouth or speakers are pointing), reverberation is decreased and recording fidelity is improved.
How well a product absorbs sound is based on many conditions, such as the type of material, ifs thickness, and shape. The properties of absorption also change based on frequency. High frequencies are more easily absorbed than low frequencies. These are measured at l/3rd octaves and their performance is called its absorption coefficient. The average absorption is calculated in NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficients). At 100 percent NRC, all sound is absorbed. Zero NRC means no sound was absorbed. The DST Absorption panels, included in the Auralex Streamer Starter Kit, provide an NRC of 0.75, meaning 75 percent of sounds that hit the panels are absorbed. This is a perfect NRC for recording vlogs, podcasts, and general streaming.
The Streamer Starter Kit Product Documentation provides more performance data.
- Reduces reverberation and echoes
- Improves speech clarity
- Multiple design options
- (10) DST-112 panels (charcoal)
- (10) DST-114 panels (charcoal/purple/burgundy)
- (40) EZ-Stick Pro Tabs
- Box: 24 inches x 24 inches x 8.5 inches
- Streamer Starter Kit covers 20 sq. ft.
- DST-112 and DST-114 panels are 2 inches x 12 inches x 12 inches each
- Need Bigger? D36-DST Roominator Kit covers 36 sq. ft.
- EZ-Stick Pro Tabs require a clean, flat surface for installation
- Pressure must be applied per the EZ-Stick Pro Tabs guide
- EZ-Stick Pro Tabs are a permanent installation and will damage the wall when removed
For more information, visit auralex.com.