Vincent Audio has released the SV-228, a hybrid integrated amplifier that is the latest in a series of PowerLine models. Succeeding the SV-227MK in a series that is one of Vincent Audio’s most successful lines to date, the SV-228 (MSRP: $2499.95) features noticeable upgrades both inside and out.
The SV-228 builds on the power of its predecessors with the addition of in-demand new features, including a Main input that makes it easy to use it as a power amplifier in conjunction with an AV preamp/processor. Blu-ray discs and streamed movies will sound their best thanks to the combined benefits of both tube and solid-state sections and overall powerful output. In addition, the SV-228 features a v.5.0 Bluetooth input for wireless streaming.
Aesthetically, the SV-228 features a VU meter embedded in the front panel, and colored lighting that is adjustable via a rear-panel control. The 2-channel meter is controlled by a separate CPU (central processing unit), accurately displaying real-time power output.
Vincent Audio’s SV-228 integrated amplifier features the company’s hybrid design, offering the natural-sounding audio associated with vacuum tubes while providing the power and control of solid-state electronics. In addition to making analog sources sound their best, the SV-228 is up to date with a DAC that handles the latest high-resolution streaming formats, including WAV, FLAC, APE, LPCM, and more.
Delivering 100 watts at 8 ohms and 180 watts at 4 ohms, the SV-228 is powerful enough to drive two pairs of speakers without distorting. Two amplifier sections — pre-amplifier and power amplifier — are perfectly matched for maximum transparency. However, the listener can bypass the pre-amp/amp connection by removing external jumpers, allowing for an external Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for room correction.
The input selection includes three analog and two digital, with the latter connecting to a Burr-Brown PCM 5102 DAC that is specially designed to bring out the best in compact discs as well as WAV, FLAC, APE, LPCM, MP3, AAC, AC3, and WMA files.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB); 20 Hz – 50 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
- Nominal Output Power RMS / 8 Ohm: 2 x 100 Watt
- Nominal Output Power RMS / 4 Ohm: 2 x 180 Watt
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 W)
- Input Sensitivity: 560 mV
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhm
- Power Consumption: 350 Watt
- Weight: 15.5 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 152 x 450 mm
- Hybrid vacuum tube solid state integrated amp
- Vacuum tube preamplifier stage
- Solid state power amplifier stage
- Built-in Burr-Brown PCM 5102 DAC
- Headphone stage
- Inputs: 2 x Stereo RCA, 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Optical, 1 x Stereo Main In
- Outputs: 1 x Stereo Pre-Out, 1 x Stereo Rec Out, 4 x 2 Speaker Terminals
- Tubes: 1 x 6N4, 2 x ECC82
- Playable Digital Formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, LPCM, MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA
- Four pairs of heavy-duty, gold-plated five-way binding posts
- Wireless remote control
- Fuse protected
- IEC power cord
- Color: Black, Silver
For more information, visit https://pangeaaudio.com.