Leviton just added Apple Watch support for the Snap-Link Mobile for iOS app. The new app allows for monitoring and controlling Leviton automation systems either remotely or locally. The app comes without monthly fees or device licenses. Users can download the app via the Apple App Store to their compatible iOS devices including iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone, and now extend the app to their Apple Watch.
The Apple Watch extension utilizes watchOS 2 and allows for control over the most commonly accessed connected devices: lighting loads, the Leviton Omni security system, temperatures, and controls that enact a chain of events to enable simultaneous system adjustments throughout the home or business. Existing users of Snap-Link Mobile for iOS can update their app for free to add-on control to the Apple Watch.
“With the ever-growing popularity of the Apple Watch and the eruption of home automation, it is electrifying to attach Leviton device control to your smart wristwatch,” said Aaron Ard, mobile app innovation leader of Leviton Energy Management, Controls, and Automation. “With iOS device compatibility using watchOS2, Leviton controlled home and business owners now have comprehensive and affordable property management in seconds.”
On an iOS tablet or phone, users have greater control of the functionality of all connected Leviton properties:
· Disarm, arm, or set a security system on vacation mode
· Unlock doors and gates
· View live surveillance footage
· Dim lights from 0-100 percent with slider bar
· Turn on/off connected loads including appliances, pumps, motors, compressors and more
· Adjust up to 64 smart Leviton thermostats at one time
· Turn on distributed audio throughout any property and change the source or volume
· Run macro buttons that enact a chain of events, combining multiple individual automated functions into a single preset button
The Snap-Link Mobile app for iOS devices is available from Apple for about $25. The app can be used in conjunction with Leviton OmniPro II, Omni IIe or Omni LTe security and automation systems. For more information, you can visit