Eleven independent distributors have formed Catalyst AV, a new nationwide distribution network serving the residential and professional AV channels in the U.S.
Operating from 16 locations across the U.S., the Catalyst AV network serves more than 10,000 professional integration companies. According to board member Mike Hench, the group is committed to maintaining sustained inventory levels to assure next-day (and where applicable, same-day) delivery in the continental U.S.
The members of Catalyst AV share a common vision as to how better serve the integrator and the manufacturer. This includes fostering personal relationships through one-on-one selling and servicing, offering project consultation and design, and providing top-tier technical support.
The group will use its 16 locations to host manufacturer training events and product showcases. Special emphasis will be placed on technologies that frequently cause installation compatibility issues such as networking, media distribution and home control.
"Given changing market conditions and the growing intricacies of systems integration, we believe in-depth support in all these arenas is crucial for the continued sustenance and growth of the integrator’s business model,” said Hench.
“Taking on the demands of just-in-time inventory and providing real backbone tech support like helping with setup, troubleshooting, debugging, etc., truly makes us a key part of the supply chain,” Hench said.
The Catalyst AV member companies are:
* Allnet Distributing (Midwest)
* Audio Video Warehouse (Nevada, Arizona)
* Custom Plus Distributing (Pacific Northwest / Alaska)
* Easy Access Distribution (Northeast)
* Electronic Lane Distributors (Southwest)
* Electronics Source (Florida and Southeast)
* Electronic Stockroom (California)
* HCA Distributing (Rocky Mountains)
* Pioneer Music Company (Plains States)
* SPD (Upstate NY)
* Tech Source Distributors (Mid-Atlantic)
The Catalyst AV Board of Directors are:
* Mike Hench - Electronics Source principal (former president of The EDGE Distributors Group)
* Steve Presti - Easy Access Distribution principal (former president of DDG)
* Wally Whinna - Allnet Distributing principal (former executive vice president and
co-founder of AVAD)