Prior to the official start of CEDIA 2014, a three hour media preview event showcased nearly fifty companies to members of the press. Companies in attendance highlighted some of the newest technology at the show, and ran the gamut from wireless music distribution, laser projection, Dolby Atmos, networking, and automation.
I walked up and down the aisles of the preview and stopped to chat with companies whose products caught my eye and asked them to describe the high points in a minute or less. Here’s a video of my favorite things from the preview including:
• D+M Group discussing the HEOS app-based, wireless multi-room sound system to easily bring high performance audio to any room of a home
• Epson’s revolutionary new laser video projector with 4K upscaling
• GoldenEar Technology’s high-end Dolby Atmos demo system
• HDAnywhere’s unique module based HDMI matrix distribution hub
• Nucleus’ very cool and surprisingly affordable video intercom system
• OmniMount’s new OE120FM recessed flat-panel arm mount
• Pakedge’s new entry-level priced enterprise grade RE1 router
• Revolution Acoustics truly invisible tactile speaker that produces surprisingly big bass
• Steinway Lyngdorf’s new Model P2 processor that can decode and accommodate speaker set-ups for both Dolby Atmos and AURO-3D audio
John Sciacca is principal of Custom Theater and Audio in Myrtle Beach, SC.