Dallas Market Center has announced that registration is open and speakers are confirmed for ArchLIGHT Summit, a new lighting trade event and educational platform for architectural, specification, and design communities. The first ArchLIGHT Summit will take place in-person September 21-22, 2021 on the first floor of the Dallas Trade Mart building. Details are available at archlightsummit.com.
The two days will include more than 20 seminars and panel discussions offering architects, lighting designers, specifiers, and interior designers timely and accredited sessions not only to keep them abreast of evolving lighting solutions, but also addressing personal development, business optimization, and opportunities to explore diversity and inclusion within these disciplines. Hands-on demonstrations and other interactive platforms will engage participants in new ways. A $50 fee will allow attendees access to all education and hospitality events. The full list of speakers and schedule is now available via the website.
“Knowledge is power, and anyone seeking powerful insights into lighting trends and technologies as well as important business leadership tools will have that opportunity at the ArchLIGHT Summit,” says Laura Van Zeyl, vice president of lighting technology development and marketing at Dallas Market Center. “Lightovation has already established Dallas as the home of lighting in the residential channel. This event will offer a more comprehensive representation of lighting solutions, plus educational opportunities to keep lighting and design/build professionals at the top of their game.”
Speaker highlights include:
- The Devil Is In the Details, presented by Rachel Fitzgerald, CLD, LC, IALD, LEED AP BD+C (WELL Light Concept advisor) – Stantec, and Katherine Stekr, CLD, IALD, MIES, EDAC, LEED AP BD+C – HLB Lighting Design
- It’s Game Time! Leadership Lessons from a Former Pro Female Football Player, presented by Jan Spence of Jan Spence & Associates.
- Creating a JEDI Program – SmithGroup’s New Board Committee for Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, presented by Shahad Sadeq (Assoc. AIA) – SmithGroup, Rosa Sheng, Principal – SmithGroup, and Troy Thompson, Managing Partner, SmithGroup
- Measuring the Success of a Lighting Project—How Do We Measure, and How Should We Measure, presented by Alyssa Weber – Visual Interest, Carolyn Schilling – Boulder Associates, Andrea Wilkerson – PNNL, and Sarah Safranek – PNNL
- Candid Conversation: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion … “Are You Ready to Talk?” presented by Kevin M. Coleman – KMC EMPOWERMENT LLC
- WELL v.2, a Deep Dive of the Light Concept, presented by Rachel Fitzgerald, CLD, LC, IALD, LEED AP BD+C (WELL Light Concept advisor) – Stantec, Alison Fiedler, Associate IALD, WELL AP – Stantec, and Jessica Smith, Jr. Associate IALD, WELL AP – Stantec
Dozens of existing architectural lighting resources at Dallas Market Center and a robust local specification community prompted the development of the ArchLIGHT Summit, which will broaden offerings to include non-residential brands in addition to those already present that straddle residential and commercial markets. Local and regional lighting agencies representing these brands — including founding agency partners Hossley Lighting and Power Solutions, and NexGen Lighting Solutions — will have the opportunity to shape this event.
ArchLIGHT Summit will be co-located with Dallas Design Week, providing additional CEU and networking opportunities for attendees of both events.
For more information, visit www.ArchLIGHTSummit.com.