CEDIA has announced that the 2020 Executive Committee has received approval from the CEDIA Board of Directors. In a separate vote, the board approved three appointed directors.
The members of the 2020 CEDIA Executive Committee are:
- Rob Sutherland, Chairman, Inspired Dwellings Ltd., London, United Kingdom
- David Weinstein, Chairman-Elect, Lutron Electronics Co. Inc., Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, USA
- Melanie Malcolm, Secretary, Bespoke Cinemas, Leeds, UK
- John Buchanan, Treasurer, Meridian Audio, Huntingdon, UK
- David Humphries, Immediate Past Chairman, Atlantic Integrated, Rockleigh, New Jersey, United States (Ex-officio, non-voting member)
In addition, CEDIA’s board of directors has approved the appointment of three directors. Appointed directors are selected from among all member types (manufacturers, service providers, home technology professionals, etc.). The three appointed directors joining the CEDIA board are:
John Buchanan: Buchanan was named chief executive of U.K.-based Meridian Audio Ltd. in 2014. His previous experience includes seven years of managing the company’s commercial teams in the U.K. and U.S. and the global, field-based sales staff serving its international distributor network. Buchanan served on the board as a director in 2018-2019 and has also been named treasurer for 2020.
Alex Capecelatro: Capecelatro is founder and chief executive officer of Denver-based Josh.ai. A former research scientist for NASA, he previously worked for Fisker Automotive, an electric car manufacturer, and is the founder of two social software products “At the Pool” and “Yeti.”
David Weinstein: Weinstein serves as vice president of residential sales for Pennsylvania-based Lutron Electronics Co. Inc., leading sales across multiple consumer-facing channels. Prior to Lutron, he worked for Yusen Associates in Connecticut, rising through the ranks to become president. Weinstein has been on the board since 2017 and served as secretary in 2018 and treasurer in 2019. He was appointed chairman-elect for 2020.
Rounding out the board are the following directors:
- Peter Aylett, Archimedia, West Sussex, UK
- Jamie Briesemeister, Integration Controls, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Michael Cogbill, ETC, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- Albert Mizrahi, SmartLab, Mexico City, Mexico
- Bill Skaer, Bill Skaer and Associates LLC, Mesquite, Texas, USA
- Joe Whitaker, The Thoughtful Home, Clayton, Missouri, USA
- Amanda Wildman, TruMedia, Ada, Michigan, USA
- Tabatha O’Connor, global president and chief executive officer of CEDIA, is an ex-officio, voting member of the CEDIA board.
Briesemeister, Malcolm, Skaer, and Wildman were all elected to the board in October.
For more information, visit www.cedia.net.