Distributor members of the PowerHouse Alliance are adding new training series and hosting regular counter days to help their dealers grasp the latest security trends and technologies ahead of ISC West in April.
Electronic Custom Distributors (ECD) will host a series of 2GIG CEU trainings starting Tuesday, February 9 at its Houston headquarters, and will continue on at their Austin location on February 11 and wrap up in Dallas on Friday, February 12. Dealers will have the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date installation and troubleshooting techniques and will receive a full run-down of the 2GIG product line.
Fellow PowerHouse member Volutone, which covers southern California and parts of Nevada for the Alliance, is kicking off the month of February with several Commercial Audio Workshops starting February 2. The series will cover a variety of commercial audio installation applications including sports bars, restaurants, houses of worship and retail. Volutone’s specialized trainers will dive into 70V audio and reveal where it should be used and why. During the houses of worship session, they will highlight common church layouts and show how to place speakers for a high-quality audio experience. Dealers across their territory also have the choice between a morning and afternoon session so they can learn more without disrupting their daily schedules.
“We made this Commercial Audio workshop free so our dealers can access our teams’ wealth of knowledge that can expand their business into new venues and applications,” said Trevor Hansen, vice president of Volutone. “Our trainers will dive into installation best practices for some of the most common and profitable settings for commercial audio, and will even share budget and troubleshooting tips.”
Later in February, Volutone will also host a series of Total Control by URC trainings to introduce their dealers to the Total Control product line and share how to program Z-Wave. The trainings will start on February 16 in San Diego and Simi Valley, CA, move to Van Nuys and Ontario, CA, on February 17, Cerritos, CA, and Las Vegas on February 18 and wrap up in Irvine, CA, on February 19. To register for any of the Volutone training sessions please visit their website.
Additional PowerHouse Trainings happening across the country in February and March include:
- Lutron and Nest Training – March 15, 2016 – Lutron Plantation, FL location
- Lutron/Verbatim/Focus Training – February 17, 2016 – Houston, TX
- Russound Vendor Day and Training – February 26, 2016 – Houston, TX
- Projector and Acoustics Training – February 17, 2016 – Phoenix, AZ
Lutron Radio RA 2 Training Series
- Simi Valley, CA – March 1, 2016
- Van Nuys, CA – March 2, 2016
- Cerritos, CA – March 3, 2016
- Irvine, CA – March 4, 2016
- San Diego, CA – March 8, 2016
- Ontario, CA – March 9, 2016
- Las Vegas, NV – March 10, 2016
Lutron Shade Training Series
- Simi Valley, CA – March 22, 2016
- Van Nuys, CA – March 23, 2016
- Cerritos, CA – March 24, 2016
- Irvine, CA – March 25, 2016
- San Diego, CA – March 29, 2016
- Ontario, CA – March 30, 2016
- Las Vegas, NV – March 31, 2016
Those interested in attending or locating a member training or event in their area are invited to review the full PowerHouse Member Events Schedule. To access the complete calendar, please click here.