Sonos has debuted Sonos Radio HD, a new ad-free, high-definition streaming tier of its streaming radio service, Sonos Radio. Sonos Radio HD will feature even more exclusive content directly in the Sonos app, now in lossless, CD-quality audio. Sonos’ avid radio fans can now listen to Sonos Radio HD to explore exclusive genre stations, sounds for sleep and relaxation, and more in-depth artist content. Sonos Radio HD streams ad-free with skips and repeats, available on Sonos’ S2 app in the U.S. and UK with additional countries to follow. Customers can subscribe to Sonos Radio HD on sonos.com for $7.99/£7.99 per month after a free, one month trial.
To start things off, Sonos collaborated with the world’s most beloved entertainer Dolly Parton to introduce Songteller Radio, an original station that will continually evolve with Dolly’s hits, favorite artists, and special commentary on songs and moments throughout her career.
For Sonos customers, alongside a 40 percent year-over-year increase in listening hours on Sonos globally, radio continues to represent 50 percent of all listening time on the platform. Complementary to the choice of more than 100 streaming services available on Sonos speakers, Sonos Radio HD builds on the early success of Sonos Radio, now the fourth most listened to service on Sonos since its April 2020 launch.
With Sonos Radio HD, all Sonos Radio original stations on both tiers stream in high-definition, lossless CD-quality audio (16-bit/44.1 kHz FLAC). Listening in high-definition audio delivers even more detail to the thousands of songs hand-selected for Sonos Radio, all curated and programmed for listening at home on Sonos.
Sonos Radio HD serves up a mix of fan favorites, deep cuts, generational throwbacks, and never-before-heard tracks and interviews in stations made by renowned artists, expert curators, and DJs.
Exclusive Stations Available Starting Today on Sonos Radio HD
- Sonos Radio HD artist-curated stations go more in-depth on the obsessions, inspirations, and nostalgic tracks plus interviews heard nowhere else. Sonos Radio HD will kick-off with Dolly Parton’s Songteller Radio, hosted and curated by Dolly.
- Deeper exploration into genres and music scenes with the help of curators and expert DJs including Nashville Now and Americana Ramble by Nashville-based music critic and author Ann Powers and iconic jazz performances on Unforgettable or Distant Kingdom for global retro R&B and soul.
- Soundtracks for home debut as music has become the backdrop for cooking, working, and relaxing. Sonos Radio HD will highlight the physical and mental benefits of audio with original stations promoting mindfulness, productivity, and relaxation, including The Inner Now , Chill Beats and Mellow Morning .
- Sleep sounds with six sleep stations for any preference – white noise, pink noise, brown noise, rain, rainforest and piano — mastered by Sonos’ sound experience team and artist soundboard and tuned specifically for Sonos speakers for the most natural, calming sounds for a better night sleep.
- Ring in the holidays with two new holiday stations and a special radio show from Dolly Parton, Holly Dolly Christmas Special.
- Take a deeper look into regional genres including British Beats and Bars, UK Session Sounds, French Connection , The Netherlands’ Radio à Gogo , German Zeitgeist, and Hip-Hop Stammtisch to explore the music and cultural flavors of favorite genres hand-picked by local curators.
- Sonos’ signature ad-free station, Sonos Sound System, explores the artist’s musical inspiration on a weekly Radio Hour with upcoming collaborations from Beverly Glenn-Copeland, Erykah Badu, A$AP Ferg, and Laurie Anderson.
For more information, visit www.sonos.com.