Following its unveiling and positive industry response at InfoComm 2009, Xantech is now shipping its new WIC1200 Web Intelligent Controller.
The WIC1200 is a stand-alone room controller for networked/web-based control featuring two IR ports, two serial ports, two Contact Closure ports, and two Digital I/O ports, as well as two Ethernet ports (one with POE) for TCP/IP telnet control with less intrusion into facility IP networks.
On its own, the Web Intelligent Controller is an event-driven component with two RS232 ports (configurable for RS422/485 and RS232 for control via Xantech or third-party units by AMX, Crestron, and others) and two IP ports.
The Event Manager is capable of timed events, calendar events, Telnet, and serial events and features a full FTP site, web server and email server.
Used as a Room Controller for a presentation system, the Web-Intelligent Controller can automatically turn the projector off if left on, check Bulb Life (and, if low, email the IT or A/V specialist responsible), and sense and control IR components, as well as Screen drops and projector lifts.
When interfaced with Xantech’s CSPLCD Commercial Touch Panel Display or XTR39 Wireless RF Remote, the WIC1200 Web Intelligent Controller can send messages back to the touch-panel allowing for text display, numeric display, volume and indicator bars, ON/OFF indicators and more, for full real-time data display.
The IP port allows each room to be accessible on the facilities IP network for status display, remote centralized control, and remote diagnostics.
WIC1200 Web Intelligent Controller Features:
– Remote Room Control (perfect for classroom, conference room, and house of worship applications, etc.)
– Two routable RS232/422/485 serial ports
– Two routable IR outputs
– One IR input
– IR Learner
– Two Ethernet ports
– One with POE (Power Over Ethernet).
– 2 Ethernet ports allow for less intrusion into facility network
– One dedicated facility Ethernet port and second port can be used for entire control network
– Two relay ports (NC/NO)
– Two digital I/O’s (0-5v)
– 256 MB onboard storage for web pages, event manager files, and CSPLCD touch panel project storage
– Micro SD slot for added file storage
– USB program port or web server programming
– Front panel LED status display for all ports
– Can provide feedback from virtually any serial or IP (Telnet) device back to any Xantech LCD Touch Panel
– Can be added to systems for universal IP or serial room control standalone or can be combined with LCD controllers
– FTP server for storing and backing up of files
– Embedded web setup pages accessible over existing network
– Event Manager for timed events (for instance, parsing of serial data or event trigger of multiple simultaneous actions)
– Web-based asset management for room control and system diagnostics
– Email capabilities for pro-active support