Sutherland AV Marketing has announced that Ascendo Immersive Audio has introduced four versions of the CCRM15 speaker systems, now available in passive and powered active models and with Titanium or Beryllium drivers.
Although it is one of the most expensive materials used to make speaker diaphragms, Beryllium possesses the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio of any known metal and can deliver dramatically superior results when properly incorporated into a speaker design, according to the company. The speed of sound through Beryllium is nearly 2.5 times faster than through aluminum or titanium. Therefore, the first breakup will occur at a much higher frequency — well outside the audible range. Breakup occurs when the cone partially vibrates at certain audible frequencies and therefore isn’t entirely pistonic throughout its range. This leads to non-linearities in the amplitude response as well as stored energy in the time domain.
In the Active CCRM15 Beryllium, the Beryllium compression tweeter is centrically arranged in the back of the 15-inch mid-woofer unit, and both drivers are driven by a DSP-controlled 2-channel digital amplifier. Their results merge perfectly and allow for a time and phase-coherent lifelike reproduction of all-acoustic events with reference levels in every seat.
Ascendo’s proprietary DSP technology works in combination with the enclosure and coaxial driver design to deliver ultra-precise and fast impulse response. Each channel of CCRM15 Beryllium is capable of high SPL levels, but also the more impressive dynamic contrasts from whispering dialogs to explosive effects.
Ascendo’s audio-over-IP technology and a sophisticated system user interface are employed for control and flexibility to the system calibrator. The system can be combined with Ascendo’s SMS Reference subwoofers.
- Speaker type: Time-coherent 15-inch Beryllium Point-Source with Ascendo Speaker Management Technology
- Passive/Active: Active, bulit in DSP Amplifier
- Principle/Enclosure type: Reflex/Vented
- SPL: 128 dB Cont./131 dB Peak
- Frequency range: 55 Hz to 20 kHz
- Amplifier: 1500W + 400W (1900W)
- Power Voltage range: 85V to 240V
- Sensitivity / Impedance: 8 dBU/20 kohms
- Woofer: 15-inch, 382mm
- Tweeter: 1.4-inch Beryllium Compression Driver
- Directivity Horizontal x Vertical: 85 x 85 degrees
- Analog inputs: 2 x XLR Balanced, RCA via Adapter
- Network switch: 3 port Fast Ethernet Switch, AVB Compliant
- Streaming technology: AVB IEEE 802.1 (optional)
- Controlling: PC Software via Ethernet
- Features: Room-correction manual, delay, crossover, sound adjustment, gain, input sensitivity
- Protection features: Temperature, current, DC, HF
- Enclosure: Internally braced birch ply
- Width x Height x Depth with Plug (Depth Without Grill): 470 x 870 x 280 (240) mm
- Weight: 35 kg
- Finish: Structural paint black
- Custom color options: Genuine piano lacquer (12 layers): matte lacquer: color of choice, others upon request
- Shape customization: Possible, upon request
- Mounting: 3 x wall brackets for horizontal and vertical installation, VESA 200 mounting option
For more information, visit https://www.sutherlandavmarketing.com.