McIntosh has introduced the MI1250 12-channel power amplifier, which can distribute music in multiple rooms throughout a home. It delivers 50 watts into 8-ohm speakers or 90 watts into 4-ohm speakers via sophisticated closed-loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with robust power supplies to produce performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio, according to McIntosh.
The MI1250 has installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (the mounting ears are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
On the front panel, multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. On the back are unbalanced inputs plus 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals for each channel. Also located on the back are volume controls for volume balancing, along with two digital audio inputs (either coax or optical) that can be bussed, and channel summing circuits for easy mono signal distribution.
Other features included on the MI1250 are:
- Power Guard signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers.
- Sentry Monitor short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- BUS input and outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers.
- Individual channel inputs.
- 12-volt triggering capabilities to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off.
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal.
The MI1250 includes many McIntosh design cues, including a black glass front panel housing an illuminated McIntosh logo, along with a familiar form factor that is highlighted with silver trim.
Orders for the MI1250 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers with shipping expected to begin in late October or early November 2021 to the United States and Canada, and to the rest of the world shortly thereafter.
Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded): $4000 USD.
For more information, visit www.mcintoshlabs.com.