Wisconsin-based TechLogix Networx has launched OSPFiber to simplify outdoor fiber optic cable runs with a single cable rated for direct burial, FTTH (fiber-to-the-home/fiber-to-the-business) drop, and aerial scenarios. OSPFiber is a cost-effective solution for outdoor ISP, broadband, and network applications.
“Available in two-strand, six-strand, and 12-strand configurations, OSPFiber combines bend-insensitive single-mode fiber with an outdoor-rated ruggedized jacket and integrated steel messenger wire for aerial suspension or underground toning,” says Cameron Smith, NSI VP. “Two-strand OSPFiber features TechLogix’s unique ‘quick strip’ technology, allowing the outer jacked to be unzipped and removed for fast in-field termination. Six-strand and 12-strand OSPFiber feature a loose tube buffer design with integrated rip-cord for in-field termination.”
Additional features include:
- Single-Mode OS2 fiber
- Black ruggedized LSZH jacket
- Weather-rating for water & UV exposure
- Integrated quick strip technology for fast in-field termination
- Steel messenger wire for aerial suspension or underground toning
- Dielectric strength members
- 30mm (1.18in) bend rating
- Ultra compact 5.0mm diameter (2-strand) and 11.1mm diameter (6- and 12-strand)
- 250µm internal strand size
- Conforms to IEC 60794-1-21 E1, 60794-1-21 E3, 60794-1-21 E4, 60794-1-21 E6, 60794-1-22 F1
- Stock spool lengths of 300m (1000ft) or 600m (2000ft)
For more information, visit www.nsiindustries.com/techlogix.